Create and SAVE midi Drum Loops

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

RobAsticles

Create and SAVE midi Drum Loops

Post by RobAsticles »

Hi everyone,

i know how to create drum patters - there is the editor after all - but i have a big problem:

how do you save this midi patterns for example in a folder on your HD, so that you can easily insert different loops in your project.

It is about MIDI and not audio files.

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks

C.
GovernmentMule

Re: Create and SAVE midi Drum Loops

Post by GovernmentMule »

Make sure you have the track you have the midi loop on selected and soloed if you have other tracks such as audio tracks, I also mute all other tracks. Then go to the file menu at the top left side and there is a "Save as Midi file " selection. Select it and it will ask you where you want to save it. If you do have other tracks a pop up will come up saying that they will not be saved, just press OK and you should be good to go.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

This is calling back to the MIDI Library idea that has been requested quite frequently. I'm hoping that a MIDI clip library becomes available soon, but there certainly are a few logistical problems that such a library could have.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

With Mixcraft 8, you can go into Mixcraft's Library, click the "Browse Your Computer" option (it looks like a folder) and find your MIDI files that way.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101