Can't get Mixcraft to recognize a new plugin

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

daqsystems@gmail.com

Can't get Mixcraft to recognize a new plugin

Post by daqsystems@gmail.com »

So, I downloaded a new plugin, Abby Road Vinyl from Waves, and no matter what I do I can't get it to show up in Mixcraft. I have tried copying the bundle and the .dll's into about every folder I can think of. I have never had this problem before and all my other plugins work.

Has anyone tried this plugin? Were you able to get it to work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Strativarious

Re: Can't get Mixcraft to recognize a new plugin

Post by Strativarious »

Hi, you can add the plugin by simply dragging the dll in mixcraft. Keep in mind its an effect plugin and not an instrument.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Download and install the latest Waves Central. Run it (Watch the main screen. It will tell you if there are pending updates. If so, run them as well).

In Mixcraft, set your VST folder locations. For example, on my system, there are two folders:

C:\VST-64 (64-bit VST folder)
C:\VST-32 (32-bit VST folder)

Waves Central creates a Waveshell DLL file (one for 32-bit, one for 64-bit, and one for VST3) that represents all of your installed Waves plugins. For example, on my system, the 64-bit one is called WaveShell-VST 9.91_x64.dll and is located inside my VST-64 folder.

The VST3 file is installed here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 (Note that Mixcraft recognizes this folder automatically so you don't have to include it in VST folder locations).
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Waves has been having a lot of issues with it's updated Waves Central and pretty much every DAW you can think of. Which leads me to think it's much more than a compatibility issue. I only have a couple of Waves plugs and haven't had to update WC in a couple of years, and won't until I see something I really like, and I know that their issues are resolved.

Good luck!

M