Effects on instrument tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rrichard63

Effects on instrument tracks

Post by rrichard63 »

If this question is answered in the manual I couldn't find it. What is the difference between

(1) Adding an effect in the instrument dialog as described on page 279 of the manual, and

(2) Adding an effect in the effects dialog as described on page 234 of the manual?

I note that an effect added in one place doesn't show up in the other, so these are separate chains.

One guess might be that send tracks are always post effects added in the instrument dialog, even when the send track is set to "dry adjustment". Is that correct?

Should this difference be covered in the manual (assuming that it isn't already).
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Effects on instrument tracks

Post by Acoustica Eric »

The only difference would probably be that you can save the effect in the chain as part of an instrument preset.
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

Acoustica Eric wrote:The only difference would probably be that you can save the effect in the chain as part of an instrument preset.
Thanks. That makes sense. There is another difference: I just did an experiment to test my guess that send tracks set to "dry adjustment" (i.e. before effects) are after any effects added in the instrument dialog. The guess is correct.

Please suggest to the documentation writers that this point be included in the Version 9 manual.
outteh

Post by outteh »

I thought you could decide whether a send track received before or after the effects? P38 of the manual, you can send post or pre to the send track.
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

outteh wrote:I thought you could decide whether a send track received before or after the effects? P38 of the manual, you can send post or pre to the send track.
This is exactly why I think the issue needs to be covered in the documentation. Your statement is true of effects added as described on page 234. It's not true of effects added with the instrument as described on page 279.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, the track-level automation (including Sends) would come after the effects that were applied to the virtual instrument preset.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
chaxile

Post by chaxile »

For i want to say mixcraft must add automatic plugns to be arranged by their vendor all vst
effect doing manual takes time
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I agree! I'll put that in for consideration in Mixcraft 9.