MTS: open source converter...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

MTS: open source converter...

Post by drumandstage »

I have files I would like to edit and publish that are in .mts. Is there an open source software to convert them into what Mixcraft 7 will open?
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: MTS: open source converter...

Post by Acoustica Eric »

drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

I downloaded it yesterday and the conversions I tried wouldn't open in MC 7. What format am I going for?
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

AVI, MP4 or WMV.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Well, it worked but it left a nasty looking red watermark that I can make go away for $40.00 (and additional time to re-convert).
NASTY.jpg
NASTY.jpg (1003.49 KiB) Viewed 6381 times
Getting a little frustrated with the limitations of the video input.
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Not sure why you want open source, but Xmedia Recode is not only the best on the market, it's also free:

http://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/index.html
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Ahh yes, a trial. They like to throw around that "free" word.
This one appears to be much less limited in the free version.
http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/

You need to choose custom install and then uncheck the extra software they try to give you though.

No watermark!
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

Thanks guys!
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

If all you want is freeware, and it doesn't have to be open source, I like MediaHuman's products, both for video and especially audio conversion:

https://www.mediahuman.com/video-converter/
-Erik
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

aj113 wrote:Not sure why you want open source, but Xmedia Recode is not only the best on the market, it's also free:

http://www.xmedia-recode.de/en/index.html
I downloaded it, and loaded up all my files...it will only convert 1/3 of the video without upgrading.

I have killed enough time on this project already, and am rather aggravated with the limitations of MC7, so now, I am going to give up on a non-watermarked version of this video and go do something else. :(
chibear

Post by chibear »

Moving back up the thread, you can buy the video converter for $20 and the entire video suite for $40 if you purchase off your mobile device. A year ago I went through the same exercise as you, looking for a decent and easy video editor. I went through all the freebies and, as you discovered, you usually get what you pay for in that area. I bought the Movavi suite.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
drumandstage

Post by drumandstage »

chibear wrote:Moving back up the thread, you can buy the video converter for $20 and the entire video suite for $40 if you purchase off your mobile device. A year ago I went through the same exercise as you, looking for a decent and easy video editor. I went through all the freebies and, as you discovered, you usually get what you pay for in that area. I bought the Movavi suite.
I appreciate your wisdom. I bought MC7 for audio, and it just so happened that I decided to throw together a video of me putting Die Cast Hoops on a Ludwig 6 1/2 X 14 Chrome over Brass snare drum. The snags made me spend substantially more time on the project than anticipated, which I thought would be a quick "point and shoot" with a load in MC7, some tweaks and viola! Well...more of a no-go. Had I known "post production" would be such a headache, I would have put the extra effort in to make it a better video all the way around.

If anyone is interested, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/JulianRouseDRU ... 850721108/
aj113

Post by aj113 »

drumandstage wrote:...I downloaded it, and loaded up all my files...it will only convert 1/3 of the video without upgrading...
Ahh ok, so when you say 'open source', you mean 'free'? All open source software is free, but not all free software is open source.

Did you try Xmedia Recode?