Melodyne Edit button disabled

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

grizwold

Melodyne Edit button disabled

Post by grizwold »

I have Mixcrapt 8 Pro Studio. Melodyne shows as 4.1.1 Essentials activated but I cannot use it as the Edit button in the melodyne editor at the bottom is disabled. Only the circular blob button next to it is clickable. If I open a Melodyne window anywhere else my vocals do not show. In the bottom Window, they are all gray and uneditable. The Mixcraft manual says 'click the edit button'. How when it is gray?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Melodyne Edit button disabled

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by the edit button. Do you mean the edit menu?

Have you watched this video? Using Melodyne in Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
grizwold

Post by grizwold »

If you look in the Mixcraft manual Appendix 1 on Melodyne, page 378, it shows the buttons - see the ref to Edit mode in the middle of the page. My Mixcraft will not allow me to click this button. However, I have seen videos of people using Melodyne wihtout this being clicked but in theirs Melodyne was working. In my app, everything is gray and therefor non-functional especially the blobs on the screen. It is therefore mot possible to manipulate the notes. I have attached the GUI as I see it.

Thanks for helping.
Attachments
mixcraft interface 1.jpg
mixcraft interface 1.jpg (228.46 KiB) Viewed 6609 times
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

Hi. It looks like you are using melodyne as a plugin?
Also though I'm not sure, I think you need to disarm a track before you can edit.
Just a couple of things to try.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What happens if you click on the Compare button?

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Two things I notice:
One, Greg, as the OP notes, pg. 378 of the manual advises the use of an "edit" button with two "blobs" which in the Essentials version is actually the "Track Mode" button, which is disabled in that version.
Unless I am missing something, that is in need of correction.

Second thing, I notice the OP's version is not Essentials, but a "Player" version? I am not familiar, is this a demo/trial version or something perhaps? Maybe part of an expanded version. But also maybe a clue as to the problem.

I have also noticed that upon opening Melodyne on a vocal track, with the algorithm set by default to "automatic" it sometimes selects "percussive" mode resulting in a flat line, and I have to change that and have it re-analyze the track.
Still experimenting and learning the various quirks.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try clicking the compare button. It causes the blobs and some of the options to go gray, as depicted in the screenshot.

But Mixcraft will integrate other versions of Melodyne if they are installed, so that would be the next avenue of exploration if the Compare button is not the issue.

What version of Melodyne is installed? Is it old? Updating it or uninstalling it and installing Pro Studio again would be one way to go.

Greg
grizwold

Post by grizwold »

I closed Mixcraft PS8 and when I reopened it, Melodyne says it is not activated and took me to a web site where I have to enter an activation code. Previously, when I ran Mixcraft it said Essentials were activated (without entering any code). Here is my Mixcraft details: Order #: ST89545902 Order Date: 9/2/2017. My order confirmation email did NOT include any Melodyne code.

Please advise what I am meant to do.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In some cases, you don't need to have your Melodyne serial number, simply creating your Melodyne account would be enough. If you do need your serial number, here's what you can do:

You can retrieve your registration codes here, using the email address you used to purchase the software, or by creating or logging into your Acoustica Customer Center account.

Recover Acoustica Registration Codes.

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Hi - Exact same problemh.

Just upgraded to Pro Studio 8 a day or so ago and was intrigued by the fact that Melodyne was included.

Launching Melodyne for the 1st time just now on an old vocal track. Was taken to the Melodyne site and it reported I was now activated. Still all the buttons greyed out the the compare button didn't seem to do anything.

Ok - Ill close and restart mixcraft. Saved my project and attempted to close. Its now hanging...
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Looks like rebooting PS8 did the trick. This looks like fun.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Spoke too soon - the "2 blobs" button is still greyed out but the melodyne screen is now active as is the correct pitch macro button.

However no sign of the scales select option mentioned on page 378. Its just not there. Any clues? Tried the magnifier as suggested but no scale selection. Fomr the image on page 378 it shouod be below the compare button. But I do not have the scale drop down.

Thanks.
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

Hi,
Not at my computer but I think you click on the clef symbol (left corner) to get the scale menu.
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

Sorry, just read again and think you are saying you are missing that symbol.
As for the greyed out two blobs they represent the multitrack function which doesn't work in mixcraft therefore always grey.
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Hi Tanya. Cant see the def symbol on my screen -what does it look like?

I have a treble clef but style no signd of a scale selection column per the manual.