Cracking and popping WAS: Mixcraft 8 Pro problems...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Javan21

Cracking and popping WAS: Mixcraft 8 Pro problems...

Post by Javan21 »

I have been having problems too. I've lost a couple tracks and my program has stopped working a couple times. But I'm more so worried about why my playback with 20 tracks and effects came play smoothly without crackling popping slowing down and everything else. My CPU usage goes no more then 15% for the system and lower then that for mixcraft usage. Its nothing in the background running because it's my music pc and I have nothing on it but music software it's always not connected to the internet. My PC is a (2) physical processors both quad core x5560, 48gb of RAM, gtx 750ti and a SSD for my main projects. Please fix this
Acoustica Greg

Re: Cracking and popping WAS: Mixcraft 8 Pro problems...

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using Mixcraft v8.1 build 408? What's your sound device? What are your sound device preference settings?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Javan21

Post by Javan21 »

Yes 8.1 pro studio 408
Asio 96000 sample rate and 480 buffer with 5ms of latency
Focusrite 18i20 1st gen
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hi,

Obviously, the specs in your description should support running far more complicated projects than your description alludes to. You've got enough horsepower, and your operating well out of my modest realm.
I am curious as to the cause and as to what the solution is when found. I am confident the team at Acoustica will step back in with some suggestions after the weekend. They will probably assist you in capturing a log file for review via a support ticket.

Just guesses, but a couple of things come to mind. I would suspect a problem related to plug ins, but as I said, that's just a guess. Are you running all 64 bit?
Also, you might want to disable all plug ins and test. Then enable one at a time and see what occurs. The opposite approach may also reveal clues. Disable one at a time and see what happens.
There could be a plug in that doesn't want to cooperate with the 96K sampling rate. Have you tried (as a test) changing that to 48 or 44.1 to see if playback performance improved?

Also, even though the CPU monitor leads one to believe its unlikely, and you have all the power you should need here- As a test, have you tried bumping up the buffers/latency a little to see what effect it had?

Following this and hoping to learn from it.......
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try switching to a sample rate of 44100 or 48000 Hz, then click on "Open Mixer," and increase your buffer settings a bit for your Focusrite audio driver. Restart Mixcraft and see if it performs better for you.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101