IM IN BIG DOO DOO

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

55Dudester

IM IN BIG DOO DOO

Post by 55Dudester »

I own a registered version of Mixcraft 7. So today I thought I'd download the free trial of Mixcraft 8, to see what it was about. Then I decided to go back to Mixcraft 7 to start a new project I want completed by the end of the week......NO CAN DO....I seem to have lost my audio settings regarding latency, "asio" etc....plus I get no sound other than a loud his when I try to arm a track. I made sure in Preferences that my default recording device input and the playback device output, were set to my usb audio codec. I'm pretty sure I was set at ASIO before, but now, it won't allow me to click on it, and offers me only the WAVE RT and WAVE. All I get his a hiss on any track, but it's not picking up anything going into my usb condensor mic. What in the heck happened ??? All I did was dl mixcraft 8 to take a peek to see if there were any advantages to 7....At this point, I have uninstalled & deleted the Mixcraft8 from my pc...but 7 still refuses to cooperate now for some reason. 7 was working perfectly, until now. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks.
Ray.
Acoustica Greg

Re: IM IN BIG DOO DOO

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Just installing Mixcraft 8 shouldn't mess up your audio on Mixcraft 7. If you were using WaveRT exclusive mode, then you might not be able to play audio when both programs were running at the same time. Sometimes this happens with ASIO drivers, too. But that problem would be cured by just quitting one program or the other.

You didn't try installing them into the same folder did you? By default, Mixcraft 8 installs into a separate folder.

What is your USB audio device? Have you tried simply shutting down and restarting your computer? If not, try that.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
JonInc

Re: IM IN BIG DOO DOO

Post by JonInc »

If no change after restarting your system, try unplugging then replugging your USB mic (I would try a different USB2 slot). Then restart Mixcraft and recheck your settings.