Mixcraft 8 video playback not working **Please Help!!!**

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MultiRingo2000

Mixcraft 8 video playback not working **Please Help!!!**

Post by MultiRingo2000 »

URGENT!

I'm an inspiring film composer and I use Mixcraft 8 as my primary DAW. I'm currently waiting to hear back from a client as to whether I've got a job or not and my Mixcraft has began to suffer from a major glitch leaving it impossible for me to really write cues.
The video playback freezes and only displays the single frame that the video was paused on at the time when the play button is pressed. It's difficult to explain but please see the video to get an idea of what happens. The video audio is fine, it's just the video playback that's the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B720kCv1458

If anyone has any idea at all, please help!! This is really upsetting for me especially as a student who has just spent £60/70 on a product that has only been functional for a month or so.

THANK YOU!!
Last edited by MultiRingo2000 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davefk

Re: Mixcraft 8 video playback not working **Please Help!!!**

Post by davefk »

Your video link is not working for me. Have you tried loading a backup project from your backup folder?
MultiRingo2000

Post by MultiRingo2000 »

Sorry here is the correct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B720kCv1458
I will try that now
MultiRingo2000

Post by MultiRingo2000 »

I tried to load a project that I had been working on when the playback was working and the playback now does not work
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try updating to Mixcraft v8.1 build 408. If that doesn't help...

What changed on your computer since this was working? Check for Windows updates. What happens if you click on the video menu and choose a different video preview size?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

One of the first things to do is make sure the laptop isn't running on power save mode and you are using a mains power supply.
Make sure the battery is fully charged as well, otherwise the power supply will be compromised in charging the battery.
rosalina_browning

Post by rosalina_browning »

I have the same Exact Problem but they can't figure it out, so I'm at a dead end. I'm always on power, and my computer is always updated. I even tried saving the video at the smallest file because may its too big, but no solution. Any body else having this issue?

Rosalina
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

I have the same problem but only with the 32 bit version of Mixcraft. The video playback of the 64 bit version works fine for me.
I guess this has to do with some 32 bit video-codec not working properly on my 64 bit machine.
If you have a 64 bit computer, try installing the 64 bit version.
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

MC8 on win7 32bit.
The first part is a big file taking a couple of seconds to sync with the sound. The bigger the file the longer it takes.
The second part is a smaller video, when stopping and playing the track, the sound keeps playing fine but when stopped the volume level indicator takes like a second to go down(0db) and the image "teleports".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWr8xqPhx8A
comedians

Post by comedians »

Looking at your https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B720kCv1458 and from reading your message are you saying the video freezes in Mixcraft only or freezes also after it's rendered to mp4 or avi ?

Try a new project with only 2/3 clips on the time line and see if the can sync without freezing.

I'm sure Mixcraft hasn't broken or stopped working more likely cause is a Windows update.
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

This happens when working in MC8, not when playing on WMPlayer..
Cut the video to 1/4 of the clip and it's still the same. When stopping and restarting the "image" takes a few milliseconds to reset itself to the sound "time". The sound has no problem, it stops and plays perfectly on demand. Trying to sync an image to a sound becomes problematic. Once the video and sound are in sync, there is no problem with the playback.
comedians

Post by comedians »

Suggestions, perhaps to try.

Take a look at the resolution/size of the images and check if the same happens with lower res. images
Check you have not got some new program running in the background hogging resources, (Runtime Broker was a known candidate in certain versions of Win 10), open Windows task manager & take a look where resources are going whilst you play the timeline.
Does the timeline play smoothly with no audio.
Remove all redundant tracks.
banzailoco

Post by banzailoco »

Using a resolution of 640x480 and 320x240 with no sound. Still the same behaviour, micro freezes when starting and the image snaps to a frame like the cursor snaps to the timeline when stopped. Turn off the anti-virus to see if that would help but it didn't. When using another video editor and MC8 running in the background, that video editor has no problem staying in sync with the sound. :?:
rosalina_browning

O.K I figured it out, maybe for everyone..I hope, especially if you already bought the product. You wont find it in the text log in Mixcraft and updating windows is not going to fix it either, so here it is.
If you have a dual Video Card like (Intel R HD Graphics and NVIDIA or AMD), you have to use the primary graphic card (usually the Intel(R)) and disable the NVIDIA or AMD which ever is your higher grade Video card. Disable it by searching "Device Manager" in the search bar next to the Start Menu in Windows, I'm not sure in MAC. Then go to Display Adapters and right click "NVIDIA" or "AMD" then disable. You can enable it again later if you need it. I hope this works for everyone who are having the same issue. After doing this with my Alienware the Video previous worked like a charm without lag.

Rosalina
rosalina_browning

banzailoco wrote:MC8 on win7 32bit.
The first part is a big file taking a couple of seconds to sync with the sound. The bigger the file the longer it takes.
The second part is a smaller video, when stopping and playing the track, the sound keeps playing fine but when stopped the volume level indicator takes like a second to go down(0db) and the image "teleports".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWr8xqPhx8A
Have you tried this?
If you have a dual Video Card like (Intel R HD Graphics and NVIDIA or AMD), you have to use the primary graphic card (usually the Intel(R)) and disable the NVIDIA or AMD which ever is your higher grade Video card. Disable it by searching "Device Manager" in the search bar next to the Start Menu in Windows, I'm not sure in MAC. Then go to Display Adapters and right click "NVIDIA" or "AMD" then disable. You can enable it again later if you need it. I hope this works for everyone who are having the same issue. After doing this with my Alienware the Video previous worked like a charm without lag.