Real drum loops

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bryan9696

Real drum loops

Post by bryan9696 »

To add to the great library found in Mixcraft 3, what other session drummer drum loops are available? So far, I have found Drums on Demand and Smart Loops. What others are there worth buying?

Also, can other loops brought into Mixcraft 3 be time streched like the ones inlcuded in the Mixcraft library? Thanks.
bigalrocks65

Post by bigalrocks65 »

Beta Monkey has a large library, especially for hard rock, metal, speed, etc. Check 'em out. Thx.
bryan9696

Post by bryan9696 »

Thanks, I'll look it up.
Scott Kane

Re: Real drum loops

Post by Scott Kane »

bryan9696 wrote:To add to the great library found in Mixcraft 3, what other session drummer drum loops are available? So far, I have found Drums on Demand and Smart Loops. What others are there worth buying?

Also, can other loops brought into Mixcraft 3 be time streched like the ones inlcuded in the Mixcraft library? Thanks.
On top of those already suggested (Beta Monkey are excellent) there is also http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/ They have a huge range from drums, drum and bass, bass, guitar and more.
Scott Kane
Voice, Talking Books & Dramatizations
http://www.cdroo.com
Small Studio Recording Blog
http://tinyurl.com/yv4etk
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

The loops at beta monkey look awesome! I might just have to buy some, thanks for the info.
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Im curently using the Drums on Demand loops, i think they really sound professional and i love the fact they are acidized loops so you can change the time signature and adapt them to the tempo you desire in Mixcraft.

Are the Beta Monkey tempo adjustable too?
bryan9696

Post by bryan9696 »

Stef66 wrote:Im curently using the Drums on Demand loops, i think they really sound professional and i love the fact they are acidized loops so you can change the time signature and adapt them to the tempo you desire in Mixcraft.

Are the Beta Monkey tempo adjustable too?
I emailed Beta Monkey about this and they said that they are.
dfarrell

Post by dfarrell »

I have cd's from both Beta Monkey and Drums on Demand. I think the D.o.D. drums sound better, but they are lacking in fills and breaks. I find I really have to work harder and make more compromises to get them to work for me. Beta Monkey gives you lots of fills, breaks, and variations, but I don't care for their sound as much, but their price is better.