Question re Melodyne Editor 4 / Studio 4 in MCPro 8

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lingyai

Question re Melodyne Editor 4 / Studio 4 in MCPro 8

Post by lingyai »

HI all,

Well, I bit the bullet and got MC Pro 8 just now. I look forward to getting into it! Meanwhile, I have a a time-sensitive (because it's linked to Black Friday sale) question.

Has anyone used either Melodyne Editor 4 or Melodyne Studio 4 with MC8, in ARA mode? I need something with more features than the bundled Melodyne Elements. As an owner of Melodyne Editor 2 (there was no version 3), for Black Friday I am eligible for affordable upgrades to either of those Version 4 items. Normally I'd say Studio is more than I need, but the price is so tempting, and if it workd in MC, ... guess I'd go for it!

I'm working double shifts today so I've not time to download, install and test MC and the Celemony demo versions while the sale's on.

Grateful for any advice!
Tana Edwards

Re: Question re Melodyne Editor 4 / Studio 4 in MCPro 8

Post by Tana Edwards »

Hi, yes melodyne studio works fine in Mixcraft but be aware that the multi track function is so far unavailable on this platform.
Still a very impressive package though.
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

Tana, thanks very much. Two follow-ups if I may .... do Melodyne 4 Studio's "magic" time-based functions (tempo map creation / editing, quantizing one track to another reference track etc) work within Mixcraft via ARA? And as for the multitrack features of Melodyne Studio ... could I uses this within Mixcraft if I loaded Melodyne as an FX, rather than trying Melodyne via ARA?
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

I went ahead and got Melodyne Studio. Now that I read about it, it seems that the user experience with Melodyne Studio is very good even without ARA (Celemony is awesome)
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

Sorry only just saw your post.
Good move IMO. Enjoy melodyne : )
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you upgrade Melodyne, some of the more advanced features will be available in the integrated version of Melodyne within Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

Cheers, Greg