Melodyne Studio 4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

flashdharma

Melodyne Studio 4

Post by flashdharma »

I just purchased Mixcraft 8 Pro. I am coming from the 'now dying' Sonar Platinum. I already own Melodyne Studio 4, and the VST3 link for Melodyne shows up on the VST list in Mixcraft.

Can someone tell me how to activate it?

Thanks for the help,
Bill
bmountney

Re: Melodyne Studio 4

Post by bmountney »

Hi! I'm another previous SONAR user who also happens to own Melodyne Studio 4 -- and I'm also named Bill. :)

It looks like in Mixcraft there is a dedicated button in the audio clip editor that calls up whatever version of Melodyne you have installed. Just double-click on the audio clip and in the upper-left area of the audio editor pane that opens there are buttons labelled "Editor" and "Melodyne" that switch between the regular clip editor and Melodyne.

Bill
flashdharma

Post by flashdharma »

Hmmm, tried the edit function. As you say, there is a 'melodyne' button, but it does not work. It seems that Mixcraft is not finding melodyne on my computer. I went back into SPLAT and it is working perfectly.

Somehow, I need to let Mixcraft know that there is a working copy of melodyne on the system??

Bill
bmountney

Post by bmountney »

Hmm, that's strange. I didn't have to do anything special to get it working on my PC. Does the VST3 version work if you try to insert it in the FX bin? I believe the integrated version also relies on the VST3 DLL, so in theory either both should be working or neither. If neither one is working, it may help to reinstall Melodyne, even though it's still working in SONAR, and also at the same time make sure you have the latest version of it from Celemony's web site.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Also make sure you're updated to Mixcraft v8.1 build 408 and that Melodyne is properly activated on your current computer (log into your Celemony account and check there).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101