Melodyne Upgrade (Essentials to Assistant)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

grumpysnake

Melodyne Upgrade (Essentials to Assistant)

Post by grumpysnake »

Hi Guys,
I have been using Mixcraft for a number of years and was quite excited when I saw Melodyne included with Mixcraft 8. Recently I have been looking at the upgrades from Melodyne Essentials to Melodyne Assistant, as with many companies once the product has been downloaded and installed there is no chance for a refund so, I am just writing to ask to see if I was to upgrade to the Assistant version would it still work integrated into the details window, like essentials is instead of having to "transfer" the audio over to the program when used stand-alone?

Many thanks guys!
J
Mark Bliss

Re: Melodyne Upgrade (Essentials to Assistant)

Post by Mark Bliss »

Haven't done it myself (yet :wink: ) but I am told that yes, it integrates.

If you do, please let us know what you think of the added toolset!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply, I will look into Melodyne Assistant and all it's features slightly more before purchasing but at least it is good to know that it will integrate fully like Melodyne Essential. I will report back if and when I have made the upgrade to let you know about the added tool set (the thing that got me interested in the upgrade)

J
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

I had Melodyne Assistant before I upgraded to MC Pro 8 and once I upgraded it integrated perfectly for me. As a matter of fact I do not believe I have used it standalone since upgrading.
comedians

Post by comedians »

Hi

I upgraded to Assistant without a hitch, integrates and works flawlessly.
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys, been looking into it and thinking it would be a good upgrade.
Could I just ask how you guys are finding Assistant over Essentials (e.g is it worth it?)

Many Thanks!

J
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

I've never had Essentials, so I cannot help you there. I went with Assistant for the Audio to Midi feature. For instance, I can play a single notes passage on the guitar and go into melodyne and clean up erroneous notes and then convert it to midi and transpose it down an octave or two and you have a bassline. The Assistant version only does monophonic notes only though, no chords. You have to spend the big bucks for that feature.
comedians

Post by comedians »

Yes you need to go to editor to get polyphonic & a few other features, well worth, although quite a lot extra in my opinion
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

Yes, one of my friends that I used to work with uses Melodyne Editor version 3 on most of his work. If I may say very powerful tool and one that I can only dream of getting at its current price :lol:. Anyways guys thanks very much for the support, I think I may make the purchase for the upgrade!

Have a good weekend all,

J
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

I recently bumped up from Essentials to the Melodyne Editor cause I wanted the Polyphonic capabilities and the little time so far that i have tried/tested the Editor I really like what it does. Plus the update offer price I couldnt pass by.

I keep getting messages the last few weeks from Melodyne to bump up to the Studio version which is supposed to handle multiple tracks at once, but with the type of arrangements I do, i dont need that power at this time.
The last offer price was tempting though. Maybe end of 2018 when the Black Friday sales start again and see if there is a need at that time. We maybe be using Mixcraft 9 or 10 at that time.

Melodyne products are awesome tools to have,

Dave
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

A warning to anybody thinking of upgrading from assistant to editor for the multi track feature: this doesn't work in mixcraft. All the other stuff functions fine but for some reason the multi track feature is as yet unsupported.
Anybody from mixcraft know if this is likely to change in future versions?
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

A correction to the above: I mean from editor to studio version.
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Thank you for that info Tana about the Meldyne Studio. Yes, that is a good suggestion to make sure that Melodyne Studio is fully functional with Mixcraft Pro 8.

Note: My Mixcraft Pro 8 is the first DAW I go to for testing new things such as new midi songs, new plugins, compositions, etc --- but I do have two other DAW's I can go to for certain unique things.

Dave
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

Hi,
One thing I couldn't work out from the features page was if Assistant has quantization, harmony creation and warping of the audio (e.g make sections longer or shorter) does it also allow for editing of vibrato too for example? I wouldn't use these things alot however it would be nice to have them for a future project.

J
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V