Melodyne not detecting vocal

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Stubby03

Melodyne not detecting vocal

Post by Stubby03 »

Every so often, about 4 or 5 times. I use melodyne, and there is the orange section that usually encases the vocal, to show the vocal line. The orange part is straight with no vocal line. What is going on.
omtayslick

Re: Melodyne not detecting vocal

Post by omtayslick »

Try zooming in with the zoom tool.
Tom
grumpysnake

Post by grumpysnake »

Hi,
When you say straight line I'm guessing you mean the little orange blobs which are supposed to move about in relation to the notes (e.g A A# B etc)? I get a similar issue if I have chopped up or done multiple takes on my vocal track. I find in order to resolve that issue the best way is to either merge the track (Ctrl + W) and copy to a different tracking lane or by using the "mix to stem" feature on just the vocal line and reinsert it into Mixcraft from my stems drive, apparently Melodyne doesn't like it very much if the vocal line is seperated into multiple parts or takes.
If the vocal line hasn't been chopped about then all I can recommend would be to mix as a stem and try again, at least it seems to work for me that way talking from previous experience.

Hope that helps in someway or form :wink:

J
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
Stubby03

Post by Stubby03 »

Yep it was several takes. I merged but It still happened. I will try your suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Ampfixer

Post by Ampfixer »

Make sure the detection algorithm is not set to percussive. It's happened to me a couple times. In that mode it ignores pitch and focuses on timing.