yamaha moxf and mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Jackbcjr

yamaha moxf and mixcraft

Post by Jackbcjr »

Although I have posted this question before I wish to again ask if anyone is familiar with using the Yamaha moxf with Mixcraft. The moxf can send and receive both midi and audio via usb, and it does work with Cubase. In other words the moxf voices can be played back via midi. I have done so successfully in Cubase, but Cubase is not very intuitive like Mixcraft, and I desperately want to return to using Mixcraft as my DAW. Can anyone help. When I go through the setup everything looks ok but I get the message that mixcraft cannot open the playback device with current settings. HELP!!!
GovernmentMule

Re: yamaha moxf and mixcraft

Post by GovernmentMule »

I do not own the Yamaha keyboard but the only time I have got that message is when I started Mixcraft before powering on or hooking up my audio interface. If you are using the Yamaha keyboard as your audio interface make sure you have the drivers installed and the keyboard powered up before you start Mixcraft. Do you have your monitors/speakers hooked up to the output of the Yamaha Moxf? Is this how you are using it in Cubase?
Are you selecting the Yamaha as your playback device in the sound device settings menu?
Jackbcjr

Post by Jackbcjr »

Yes, I am using the Yamaha moxf as my audio interface. The drivers are installed, the audio output from the moxf is going directly to my amp/speaker setup, and the Yamaha moxf is selected as the playback device. Still I am getting that message. I guess I may have to keep working on learning Cubase. Thanks for your response and advice.
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

One more thing you may want to check is the sample rate setting on your keyboard and what sample rate you have selected in sound device settings in Mixcraft, I believe they have to match up. Good luck.