Waves VU meter does not come up in Mixcraft Pro Studio 8

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

dathyr1

Waves VU meter does not come up in Mixcraft Pro Studio 8

Post by dathyr1 »

I have several Waves plugins which all work except for their VU meter. Seems it comes up ok in my
other DAW''s, but when I try to load the effect into Mixcraft, nothing comes up to edit. I get no errors, it just doesnt load or show up like a normal effect. It does show up in the list as a plugin to use.

It is not real crucial item at this time, just trying my different plugins to see how they work in Mixcraft Pro Studio. i am using the 64 bit version of Mixcraft. I need to check again, but I think i have loaded both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the VU meter. The VU meters come in both mono and Stereo, VST2 files I think. I use only VST type files.

Anyway, still investigating this problem. I also do have loaded Mixcraft 7 32 bit, I will see if the VU meters load into that program.

Thanks and take care,
Dave
Rolling Estonian

Re: Waves VU meter does not come up in Mixcraft Pro Studio 8

Post by Rolling Estonian »

That's the free one they just gave out for the holidays, mine works fine, haven't really used it. I'm on 7 though.

I've had a couple plugins act funky because I needed to update video drivers, Waves and their Central can be an issue with the wraps and such. Sounds basic but see that everything's updated.

M
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hello Rolling,

Do you have the free version or the purchased VU meters? And it loads ok for you in Mixcraft Pro?
I will check into the items you mentioned(read below though).

Thanks for your reply. The VU meters effect plugin I have from Waves are the purchased ones. I didnt know about the Free ones until I was doing searches online yesterday for the specifications on the VU meters and saw it mentioned.

Curious, If it was the video drivers, why do my other 2 DAW's(studio one, Sonar platinum) work fine with the VU meters? My other 5 Wave products load fine in Mixcraft. I was looking at the specifications on the VU meters and they dont say if they are VST2 or VST3 type plugins. I would assume it is a dont care in current DAW's today. Pretty sure Mixcraft Pro handles them all. I could try it also on my windows 7 32 bit system also. My main music PC is a windows 10 system 64 bit.

During all my plugin installs, I always select VST2 for them.

The only thing I see is when I do load the VU meters in Mixcraft. I momentarily see the little "Wave" icon display on the screen then it goes away and nothing gets loaded.

For kicks and grins I did try my 32 bit Mixcraft 7 and it also does the same thing.

This is not a crucial item for right now, but it is a small mystery why the VU meters do not load.

take care,
Dave
DocFuzzB3

Post by DocFuzzB3 »

I just downloaded this last week. Love it and it works anywhere you want it. I use it in Audacity and MX 8.
Here is the YouTube demo...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpMrJ4wPhNA
It is the TB Audio mvMeter. So far it's very accurate and very flexible!
Living longer by ROCKING! 76 so far! :lol:
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Yeah, weird.

I still run MC7, non pro, same DAW just less vst's.

Some vst are funky with some hardware and software, and some things are best left unexplained! lol

Some kind of weird glitch somewhere, glad it's just a minor issue. I'm willing to bet that after awhile between Waves, MC, Windows updates it'll sort itself out.

In the mean time you could submit a support ticket and see what the folks at MC have to say. They'll probably ask for a log file which will help them find the issue.

Again, glad it's not a major issue and I'm pretty sure it'll work itself out with a future update.

M
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hi Rolling,

Thanks for your replies. If it does work on my other Windows 7 machine or I get it to work in my main Windows 10 music computer Ill post the results in this thread.

take care,
Dave
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Just as a data point, I got the meter in the Black Friday giveaway and it loads okay on my Windows 7 64-bit system in Mixcraft 8.

Haven't tried it on my other Windows 10 system.
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Working in MX8-PS on Win10 for me.
But I wouldn't miss it if it didn't. Other free options are readily available. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Thank you Mark and Starship,

Mark, I assume your Mixcraft 8 on windows 10 is the 64 bit version of the program, Correct?

I got some little quirk somewhere making my VU meters not to load. Got wrapped up in other things far as new updates and libraries, will play around with this again after all my new stuff.

take care,
Dave
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

yep. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote:Working in MX8-PS on Win10 for me.
But I wouldn't miss it if it didn't. Other free options are readily available. 8)
Yeah. Kinda mean to hate on something they gave away, but it's one of Waves' lamer Black Friday freebies.

SuperTap and TrueVerb are now discontinued, but I still use them from time to time. Despite the fact that TrueVerb is one of those "with great power comes great bafflement" things for me.
-Erik
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am seeing both still offered on the site, in fact Supertap is currently one of their sale items.
But yeah, Trueverb is an odd one IMO too. Seems capable but unintuitive. I'll have to explore it more some time.
Abbey Road plates verb sounds pretty awesome though I must say.

I wont "hate " on a freebie either, but as far as I can see the VU meter plug brings nothing special to the table.
I've kind of concluded an analog meter emulation kind of takes up unnecessary screen space when you can accomplish the same thing with a smaller footprint or integrated into other useful meters.
It strikes me as "novel" or "nostalgic" more than overly useful now having used them. Seemed like a good idea at the time....... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dathyr1

Post by dathyr1 »

Hey Mark,
I agree with you, its kind of a cosmetic thing with actual looking meters on the Screen and if they serve a needed function. I used to work at Simpson Electric as a Tech and Engineer long long ago before moving on to Motorola, I was used to seeing allot of different meters back then.

take care,
Dave
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I can relate. I expected it to bring some familiarity to the strange digital landscape for me.
But I got over that real quick. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

Mark Bliss wrote:I am seeing both still offered on the site, in fact Supertap is currently one of their sale items.
But yeah, Trueverb is an odd one IMO too. Seems capable but unintuitive. I'll have to explore it more some time.
Uhhh....wow, how did I get the idea they were both no longer being offered? Maybe the same place I got the idea that the Mixcraft master fader was unity at full scale.:roll: No, actually I think I went to check on updates and the Waves Central app reported something that led me to believe that.

I think you've perfectly summed up what Trueverb has been for me in the 2 years that I've had it: "I'll have to explore it more some time." It's the most amazing reverb that I've never been able to learn how to use. "With great power comes great bafflement." The 34-page manual sits here next to my recording desk, waiting for me to have the time and inclination to pick it up and try to understand it again.
-Erik