Motto

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Jackbcjr

Motto

Post by Jackbcjr »

I am staring longingly at the Mixcraft motto: "Sofware should be easy to use". I agree whole-heartedly that Mixcraft is very intuitive and easy to use. My pitiful longing is that I purchased a Yamaha MOXF which has excellent sounds, and is touted to work seamlessly with Cubase. However, I have been pulling my hair out trying to learn Cubase, and I am very frustrated. I want Mixcraft back, but I cannot get it to recognize my audio settings for the Yamaha MOXF. I have posted here, and received kind suggestions, but to no avail. I am sure that the problem can be solved, but my 74-year-old brain has exhausted its limited knowledge of this subject. I had such high hopes that the moxf with its audio and midi usb connections would make it simple to use with a DAW, but Cubase has defeated me. As soon as I figure out one problem,another rears its head, and it is so hard to navigate and find what you need. Hopefully someone out there can help resolve this problem so that I can return home to Mixcraft.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Motto

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have you downloaded and installed Yamaha's USB driver? You can download it here.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Jackbcjr

Post by Jackbcjr »

Yes, I had previously downloaded and installed the usb driver, but I found there was a new update which I just finished downloading and tried again to use Mixcraft. I still get the message that Mixcraft is unable to open the playback device with your current settings. My current settings are: Default Recording Device (input): line (Yamaha MOXF6/MOXF8)
Playback Device (output): line (Yamaha MOXF6...)
Core Audio Option: no entry
Exclusive Mode is checked
Use High Priority Threads for Audio Engine is checked

MIDI page: Yamaha MOXF6-1 is checked as the active input device
Under Plug-ins: MOXF6MOXF8 (VST3) is listed as the GM instrument

Thanks for hanging in there with me to try to resolve this dilemma.
GovernmentMule

Post by GovernmentMule »

Are you using ASIO ?
There is also suppose to be a control panel installed, have you checked it out?