More Melodyne Fun

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Freerskier

More Melodyne Fun

Post by Freerskier »

Thanks to Greg a few days ago for working out the way to get Melodyne to switch on the scale selection column referenced in the manual on page 378.

Bigger problem today: Error message : Melodyne 4.1.1. encountered a problem....etc.

Powered PS8 down and now get "problem loading project" error message. "unable to load Melodyne Data"

No Melodyne at all now. :(

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: More Melodyne Fun

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Check the Backup folder inside your project folder to see if you've got a good backup project

If you're not already using version 8.1 build 408, you should update.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Yeah I'm on that current version version.

And I'm using the most recent file of the song.

Funny thing was when I initially opened it up the Editor/Melodyne button was visible when I highlighted a vocal part. Now no more. Vanished.

Is there a way to re-enable/reload it?

Just as a PS - Thought I'd open another song. Just a demo this one where the one I was working on was a 3/4 finished song. Again, same error message " Problem loading project" " Unable to load Melodyne data".
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Have restarted your computer since this started happening? If not, try that.

If that didn't help, can you open any Melodyne projects at all?

Get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft, submit a support request, and attach your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Yep, the reboot did it. Back in business correcting my average vocals.

Thanks Greg. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Freerskier wrote:Yep, the reboot did it. Back in business correcting my average vocals.

Thanks Greg. :D
Hi,

It's amazing what a restart can do sometimes.

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

The manual (page 379) also mentions "check Snap to key". This options greyed out for me.

Now we've found the Scale Editor and I've selected the scale, you then have to click the compare button to enable the Correct Pitch Macro. The snap to scale check box is greyed out.

Also, I still dont have the 2 edit blobs button enabled - greyed out. Should Edit mode be enabled in some other way to ensure Snap to scale is also enabled?

Again, sorry to appear to be a complete numpty but the manual just says click it - but its not enabled. Is there something else again that's not 100% clear or in the manual that I should be doing?

Thanks.
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

Hi
The the two blobs symbol is for the multitrack function. As this is as of yet unavailable in mixcraft those blobs are permanently greyed out.
Sorry I can't help you with the other issues you raised but I'm sure someone on here will.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

As we discussed in the other thread, the two blobs option (Track Mode) is not available in Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, and I've alerted the help manual author to that fact. That section of the help file was written before the final version of Mixcraft was released, and we need to update it.

In regard to the Snap to Key option, if you click on the Algorithm menu, are you in Melodic mode?

Greg
Freerskier

Post by Freerskier »

Yep Melodic mode now selected so all good. Sort of....

After I select the scale per your previous advice via enabling the ## button I have to click the Compare button to enable the pitch correction macro (Button greyed out whilst Scale is being selected). I guess this is right.

However when I click the macro button it doesn't take into consideration my scale selection - it makes its own judgement of the scale. E.g. I selected C Major, exited Compare to enable the macro button and in the macro screen it states 'Snap to A minor".

Any amount of toggling in and out of the macro screen and back to the scale selection doesn't seem to matter. C Major is still selected as the Scale, but A minor in the macro.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I think Compare is just there so you can hear what the audio clip sounds like without being modified. When I click Compare, the blobs turn gray, and the "Correct Pitch Maco" becomes unavailable for me. Is that not what's happening for you?

Greg