MixCraft is now my primary DAW

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Veets

MixCraft is now my primary DAW

Post by Veets »

Hi,

I officially made MixCraft my primary DAW as a former SONAR Platinum user. I started with MixCraft 7 as a backup to SONAR. There were aspects of Sonar that didn't work well and a friend suggested I try MixCraft. I continued with version 8 and plan on continuing with future versions. I am at a point now where my songwriting is slowly taking off and glad I have MixCraft! I wanted to say hello and learn more about the capabilities of MixCraft! Thank you!
guitbuddy

Re: MixCraft is now my primary DAW

Post by guitbuddy »

Great! Youre the seoond person, this week, that's come from Sonar.

But, unfortunately Mixcraft has been discontinued!!

Just kidding - lol. Welcome to Mixcraft, forum.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Lol, good one.
Welcome ex-sonar user!
Veets

Post by Veets »

LOL!!! Thanks so much! I had put my head down as I read that and when I went to continue reading it, I was relieved!!!
freightgod

Post by freightgod »

I think I'm going to take this opportunity to state that I don't think I've ever dealt with a more customer-responsive company in any field, ever, and I've been there and done that, or am at least old enough to have should have done so :lol:

Acoustica guys, you really do rock. And Mixcraft isn't everything that's been asked for (yet), but it hasn't cost me an arm and a leg to stay current, and I don't think anyone would argue that they haven't at least been heard and acknowledged. It isn't always like that in any field, let alone the DAW world.
Veets

Post by Veets »

I agree that Acoustica is very customer service oriented and very responsive. I found that MixCraft surpasses my expectations. Sure, there are functions I would like to see added but honestly, it is a great product that is backed by a great company.
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Veets wrote:LOL!!! Thanks so much! I had put my head down as I read that and when I went to continue reading it, I was relieved!!!
It's good you laugh. Otherwise the forum discontinue ME! :mrgreen:
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

[quote="guitbuddy"]But, unfortunately Mixcraft has been discontinued!![quote]

Man, you made my stomach knot up on that one!

-N
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

I am currently DAW shopping and testing out (as possible...sadly some DAWs don't offer a trial version), and Mixcraft is on the short list for sure.
kenrob2037

Post by kenrob2037 »

I'll second the thumbs up for the support at Mixcraft. I'm a serial poster, about 150 over the last three years and every one has been timely and helpfully answered, so thank you to all at Mixcraft.

I've been meaning to say something about Mixcraft for some time, so here it is. I've been doing a sound production course, and a large part of it was Pro Tools 12, so I had to rent it. It was surprisingly easy to set up and run. Over the past year, I have been trying alternate DAWs thinking they would offer me things that Mixcraft didn't, but none were better than Mixcraft.

I tried Studio One, Ableton, Cubase and as mentioned Pro Tools, and none were as simple to use or as effective as Mixcraft. My workflow is to write in Sibelius and then open the midi file in Mixcraft, and no other DAW handled midi as well as Mixcraft.

With the others, I needed to assign instruments, they didn't properly bring in tempo and dynamics, but as with Mixcraft, none brought in articulation, but I'm pretty sure this is the fault of Sibelius and not any DAW.

The simplicity of building tracks, assigning FX, editing and now, the way it handles videos, my only other comment is, that so many people don't know what they are missing out on by not using Mixcraft.

Yes it does not have some attributes like Logic does with automation of tempo and such, but if you want to quickly get going, and who doesn't, Mixcraft is truly the musicians DAW.
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I have been using Mixcraft for a while now and for most things really like it and find it really easy to use.
The one thing it`s not good at and I have to go back to my old Cubase for is midi editing. Mixcraft does the basics
fine but I work a lot using program changes and cc`s which I can`t find how to do and doesn`t seem to be covered by any of the tutorials. I am presently use Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 so maybe 8 will have better midi editing.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101