Purchasing Mixcraft: STEAMPOWERED.COM???

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Purchasing Mixcraft: STEAMPOWERED.COM???

Post by creativeforge »

Well, I was about to purchase Mixcraft 8 Home Studio (I own v.7 but for some reason it's not showing in my products anymore).

I'm given two (2) options: STEAM, which I can download, and AMAZON, which I will have to wait a week for.

I looked into STEAMPOWERED, and the reviews are atrocious. I am not a gamer, I only want to buy and download as usual. I need it for a gig tonight to load my synth patches. Now I'm wasting hours trying to get around this monstrosity.

STEAM reviews reveal it's a GAMER platform. And the reviews are not kind, and I would think Acoustica should not associate themselves with such a website, forcing its download clients to have to deal with that level of confusion.

What happened? How come we can't buy directly anymore? They offer Mixcraft for $21.99 CAD till march 5th, but I'd rather pay full price for no interference.

Thanks for any help, ONLY LEGAL tips, etc.

Andre
Acoustica Greg

Re: Purchasing Mixcraft: STEAMPOWERED.COM???

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It appears that you already own Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio, under the email address that you're using for these user forums, so you shouldn't even consider purchasing Mixcraft 8 Home Studio, which has less features and plugins.

I'll send your registration code.

Mixcraft 8 Home Studio is a "lite" version of Mixcraft that was created to be sold at Best Buy. We decided to try also selling it on Steam, because we hoped it would help us find new customers. Lots of gamers love Steam, and it would be a natural way for the more musically-inclined to come across Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
creativeforge

Re: Purchasing Mixcraft: STEAMPOWERED.COM???

Post by creativeforge »

I see, thanks Greg, I got the email! :)