Note input to Sibelius through Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MusicMeister

Note input to Sibelius through Mixcraft

Post by MusicMeister »

Hi all,

I have been searching everywhere for an answer for this, but I still can't figure this out. In my work flow, I often play around with sounds in Mixcraft, and switch over to Sibelius to notate. However, when my keyboard is connected to Mixcraft, Sibelius can't use it, and I have to disconnect it from Mixcraft in order to use it as note input in Sibelius, which is very disrupting to the workflow. I was wondering if it's possible to keep my keyboard connected to Mixcraft, and just have the midi routed to Sibelius? I have looked into Rewire and I think I have it set up, with Sibelius chosen as an external midi send track. However I'm not sure if/how Sibelius uses this data, since it makes pretty clear with a 'note input devices' page how it receives midi, and it seems to only allow physical input keyboards, not midi received from Mixrcraft through Rewire, or I'm just not looking in the right place.
rrichard63

Re: Note input to Sibelius through Mixcraft

Post by rrichard63 »

If you can't make Rewire work for this, an alternative approach is a virtual MIDI driver. I use Loop MIDI

https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

but there are other free ones that also work. This solution might have more latency than Rewire, but for your purpose that might not matter.