Can't set volume/fader points in "skinny" tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mixyguy2

Can't set volume/fader points in "skinny" tracks

Post by mixyguy2 »

Whenever I have a track which is only taking up half of the "height" of the total track space (like when I had 2 recordings in the same space but moved/deleted one), I can't "stretch" it back to full height, and more to the point when it's that skinny, I can no longer set volume/fade points. Not good. How do I rectify that-?
grumpysnake

Re: Can't set volume/fader points in "skinny" tracks

Post by grumpysnake »

Hi mixyguy2,
I did a test and managed to get the two thin lanes you were speaking about.
I found that pulling down the track 'header' on the left hand side (where the arm, solo, fx buttons are) made the lanes bigger so that you can place the volume points (automation).
If you pull down to around the size of two tracks you should have enough room to place volume points on both the takes.

-J
Windows 10 Pro x64, AMD FX8350
OSX 10.14.3, Intel i5
MX7, MX8, Waves Mercury Bundle, Melodyne Assistant
Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 12
Behringer X-Touch
Yamaha MOTIF-RACK
M-Audio MTrack Eight
M-AUDIO BX5 D2
Adam Audio T5V
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

d'oh and double d'oh. Thanks. I swear I tried that before. I wonder if they're putting something in our water...

The thing with that, though, is now the whole track lane is really and pointlessly fat; you really should be able to grab the clip/envelope itself and stretch it to 'normal' size vs the whole track lane, or (effectively the same thing) delete the blank space under it where another clip used to be but is empty now, and the clip automatically snaps back to full size.
Tana Edwards

Post by Tana Edwards »

Hi, to get rid of those lanes is easy. Click on the track in question and click on Lanes in the drop down. Then click on Delete empty lanes and bingo--tidy work place!
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Got it thx!

I wish I had more time to mess w/this than I do to hunt and find those things and pardon another dumb question. Again big thanks!
comedians

Post by comedians »

You might find to spend a little time reading the manual is quicker than wasting time hunting around. Is does answer most questions.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Frankly no, I haven't generally found that to be the case (when I said "hunt" I was including in documentation).
heks

Post by heks »

comedians wrote:You might find to spend a little time reading the manual is quicker than wasting time hunting around. Is does answer most questions.
I have to agree with mixguy I had a good look through the "manual" and could not find the answer. Within 2 mins of changing search question, thin track, small track narrow track and then skinny came up solve the problem . I've found answers on forums much more enlightening than the manuals as there's often extra informative info given by the poster solving the initial question. Right must get back to mixcraft and make that skinny trak fatter :D