A Mixcraft Testimonial

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JonInc

A Mixcraft Testimonial

Post by JonInc »

I saw this at another forum and thought it might be of interest here.

http://www.anthonyshomestudio.com/2018/ ... craft.html
James Klutho

Re: A Mixcraft Testimonial

Post by James Klutho »

I use both Mixcraft and Reaper. Reaper has incredible power and flexibility but to be honest I have never gotten into the flow of it. Mixcraft is comfortable and fits my humble needs. I believe Mixcraft has the flexible and power to make most any project top notch if you have audio engineering talent. I enjoy the program and always open it up before Reaper. Hat tip to devs on the Mixcraft project.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

James Klutho wrote:I use both Mixcraft and Reaper.
+1. The only reason why I use Reaper occasionally is because I have an older computer (2ghz Dual Core) and there is an occasional need to do something with a huge amount of tracks and plugins and Reaper is lightweight to the point of emaciation. Once I get a better machine it will be Mixcraft 24/7.

(Except for the fantastic Emagic/Apple EVB3 plugin that I can run on an old Imac with MainStage :D VB3 is on the way there but IMO no other emulator has ever gotten the treble rotor right like the EVB3 does; everybody else makes it sound swishy instead of choppy like a real half-blocked treble rotor.)

/Soapbox

- N
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

I've been window shopping and these 2 are definitely in a 2 horse race. Still have yet to try a few others I've heard good things of though. But it's good to know that at the very least I have these fine options.