Pitch correction?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Re: Pitch correction?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Waves Tune LT is just a light version on Waves Tune, so I'm assuming it'll be the same rewire silliness.

M
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

Rolling Estonian wrote:Waves Tune LT is just a light version on Waves Tune, so I'm assuming it'll be the same rewire silliness.

M
Thanks, am weighing all options at the moment ;)
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

whats better for standard DAW recording

Wave Tune or Waves Tune Real Time ?

I dont need it live, just recording with DAW.

{ someone said they both work in MC7? }

[ Melodynes good, but nice to have options }
Last edited by guitbuddy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

kr236rk wrote:Thanks, I see the G-Snap corrector in Mixcraft 8 but not Melodyne. Where would I find this please? The buy-code I was sent was for Mixcraft 8, I bought it for pitch correction.
Good morning,

Did you register (free) Melodyne after you installed it? It will appear in the list as VST3, it is also integrated into the sound view/tab below when you select an audio clip.

Best,
-N
Last edited by bigaquarium on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Waves Tune uses it's own Rewire application and it works fine in Mixcraft 8 (on this computer anyway). It doesn't seem to respond adequately in Mixcraft 7 so it's not really usable (I've just tested it in both). Waves Live Tune doesn't appear to need the Waves Rewire application to the best of my recollection (I tested it several hours ago so I'm not totally sure now). Anyway, the best bet is to get Melodyne essentials installed. All these things can be a pain in the arse to get to grips with, but most of Waves technology dates back to the 1990s so it tends not to be as sharp in my experience. Melodyne seems much better to me. Veilklang is also worthy of note but you have to load a .wav file into it, so it is cumbersome in use. I hope you don't unnecessarily waste your money. Good luck with it.

Ian
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

From what I can tell, you upgraded to Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio (no Melodyne) rather than Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio (includes Melodyne). If that's true, then I suggest you ask customer service to change your upgrade for the difference in price. It appears that you haven't even tried Melodyne yet. If you haven't, you should. It's good.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

The Meldaproduction Free Bundle includes MAutoPitch, which I have found works pretty well.

But yes, my guess is that you upgraded to Mixcraft Recording Studio 8, not Pro Studio 8.
-Erik
kr236rk

Post by kr236rk »

bigaquarium wrote:
kr236rk wrote:Thanks, I see the G-Snap corrector in Mixcraft 8 but not Melodyne. Where would I find this please? The buy-code I was sent was for Mixcraft 8, I bought it for pitch correction.
Good morning,

Did you register (free) Melodyne after you installed it? It will appear in the list as VST3, it is also integrated into the sound view/tab below when you select an audio clip.

Best,
-N
Thanks, pretty sure I didn't get round to Pro yet. All in good time.
Ric

M-Audio USB interface, MC8, MC10, Yamahas 102c analogue mixer, Windows 10 QuadCore [upgrade], USB EWI, Alesis Q25 Midi keyboard, stomp boxes, drum pads, guitars, dynamic mic, condenser mic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rickemper