Mixcraft 8 doesn't detect Amplitube 4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

iankinzel

Mixcraft 8 doesn't detect Amplitube 4

Post by iankinzel »

-Got a new computer that doesn't screw up the drop-down menus anymore. Woo hoo.
-Using the latest version of Mixcraft 8 that I installed just a couple days ago.
-Running Mixcraft 8 as admin

-Originally did a complete install of Amplitube 4, including both the 32- and 64-bit plugins. Realized the error of my ways, uninstalled, and scanned my computer for any lingering signs of Amplitube 4.

-Installed Amplitube 4 again, only installed the 32-bit VST.
-For the VST, selected the same destination folder as all my other VSTs
-Mixcraft 8: when scanning VSTs, MC8 will scan other VSTs in the same folder as Amplitube 4...but not Amplitube 4 itself.
-I checked vstignore.ini, and Amplitube is not mentioned at all - nor does it show up in MC8 on the list of plugins that it can't load

Help? :(
Topcheese

Re: Mixcraft 8 doesn't detect Amplitube 4

Post by Topcheese »

Well, I'd say your first problem is trying to load the 32 bit version, when you should be loading the 64 bit version. I can't imagine your new computer is 32 bit?

I'm not the expert here, but I believe you have it looking in the wrong directory. I put my 32 bit in Program files (x86).
Windows 10 build 16299
AMD A8-6410 @ 2GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Sonar V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49
YMMV :roll: :arrow: https://www.reverbnation.com/dirtbom
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Been awhile since I had to reinstall an IK Multimedia product, but they can be tricky to get working.

For me the trick was to remember to run the standalone first, activate that -- then let your DAW scan the VST.
iankinzel

Post by iankinzel »

Topcheese wrote:I'm not the expert here, but I believe you have it looking in the wrong directory. I put my 32 bit in Program files (x86).
As indicated above, I have conclusively, exhaustively eliminated that possibility. Everything is in Program Files (x86); Amplitube is in the same folder as every other VST, but when scanning that folder, Mixcraft simply doesn't detect Amplitube (while detecting everything else I've added).
JonInc wrote:Been awhile since I had to reinstall an IK Multimedia product, but they can be tricky to get working.

For me the trick was to remember to run the standalone first, activate that -- then let your DAW scan the VST.
Good idea. I got the standalone working, but Mixcraft is still ignoring the VST in the scan.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Send in your mixcraft-log.txt fiel and we'll see if that offers any clues as to why Mixcraft isn't finding Amplitube 4 on your computer.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

EDIT: See Mark's post immediately after this one.

Is it possible that you inadvertently installed 64-bit Amplitube in the 32-bit plugin folder? I don't know what Mixcraft would do in that situation.

Also, if you have another DAW or other VST host that uses 32 plugins, try opening Amplitube in that.
Last edited by rrichard63 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

There is no 32 bit version of Amplitube4, and program files(X86) is the incorrect location.

Running the installer places the VST2 version in "Program files/VST plugins" and the VST3 file in "Program files/Common files" and works fine in 64 bit Mixcraft. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
iankinzel

Post by iankinzel »

Gah, I knew I should have ignored the prompt on the installer & just gone with the 64-bit version of Mixcraft 8.

Now that I know there's zero chance of compatibility between Amplitube 4 & 32-bit MC 8, I can move on with my life.
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

What is the advantage of using Mixcraft as a 32-bit app? If you have plugins that are only available as 32 bit, 64-bit Mixcraft can use most (if not all) of those.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Experience has shown its not quite that simple.

Running a bunch of 32 bit plugs in 64 bit Mixcraft has been known to present a few issues for some users.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page