Midi output channel number sending?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geobee

Midi output channel number sending?

Post by geobee »

Hi all, just wondering if it is possible, when using the piano roll, if you can say, assign a key for example C2, to send out on a certain midi note number, so that an external midi receiving device will respond to it. What I am trying to do is change auto chord accompliment in my Yamaha keyboard, in real time, using the piano roll. While the keyboard is playing, I can just press the single root note on the keyboard itself of the next chord I want and it changes, but if I click on the same note in the piano roll, it sounds the same note in the Keyboard, but doesn't change the chord as if I do it on the keyboard. I thought I may have to assign a midi note number to that key to ''talk to the keyboard''. Maybe I am calling a long shot, but I cannot see why it wouldn't work as I need. Any ideas would be great. Maybe it would require all the notes of the chord to be sent out to get it to change via midi, not just the root note, but not sure.
davefk

Re: Midi output channel number sending?

Post by davefk »

If this helps:

Right click on the note (or make a selection of notes) then choose 'Note MIDI Channel'
mick

Re: Midi output channel number sending?

Post by mick »

You may also wish to experiment with "program change" this alters the midi number, so using Acoustica Instruments as an example you can go from Flute (73) to Guitar (24) on playback in addition to davefk solution.
change.PNG
change.PNG (5.01 KiB) Viewed 1614 times