Vocals in Mixcraft 8 cut out

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Kuba W

Re: Vocals in Mixcraft 8 cut out

Post by Kuba W »

GTech wrote:I am applying Ozone on individual tracks
Are you applying individual modules or the full Ozone? If full, try to replace it with single modules (which version of Ozone it is?). How many vocal tracks at the time? Any sub-mixes? Maybe you're using more than one instance of Ozone at the same track and they're 'fighting' each other? If no Ozone on the master, then do you use any other limiter over there?
Mark Bliss wrote:Yeah, while it is generally described as a "mastering" suite, I have observed that a lot of people do use it on individual tracks for mixing. Pretty innovative product.
Although the dedicated mixing plug-in from iZotope is Neutron, for some reason they made the separate modules of Ozone, and I don't think anyone use -for example- exciter only on master without limiter or EQ, so probably they made it to use on single tracks too...
GTech

Post by GTech »

Kuba W wrote:
GTech wrote:I am applying Ozone on individual tracks
Are you applying individual modules or the full Ozone? If full, try to replace it with single modules (which version of Ozone it is?). How many vocal tracks at the time? Any sub-mixes? Maybe you're using more than one instance of Ozone at the same track and they're 'fighting' each other? If no Ozone on the master, then do you use any other limiter over there?
I apply Ozone on individual modules (Audio Tracks). The version is iZotope Ozone 7. I generally have 2-5 vocal tracks. Usually when I apply Ozone, it is with other effects as well in the same Audio Track slot.

I have tried another alternative. I have exported my vocals WITH all effects EXCEPT Ozone. I imported the vocals back in a new session, and applied Ozone, and I received the same issue; vocals continue to be cutting out. At this point, my CPU/System usage in Mixcraft is under 15%. Do you think CPU usage continues to be the issue? How much do I really need? I am extremely at a loss at this point. :? :?
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Hi.
GTech wrote:I apply Ozone on individual modules (Audio Tracks)
You've got me wrong about modules. I'm also using O7 and here's what I meant: at you vst list (inside Mixcraft) you can choose Ozone 7 that opens the full window of Ozone with its modules inside OR you can open any of that modules as separate vst: Ozone EQ, Ozone Dynamics, Ozone Maximizer etc. In my case while full Ozone works well on master, it seems to work much better as separate modules when applied to individual tracks.
GTech wrote:At this point, my CPU/System usage in Mixcraft is under 15%. Do you think CPU usage continues to be the issue? How much do I really need?
Now, I would say no to the CPU as the reason. Looks like your computer is stronger than mine (10 y.o. dual-core) apart of RAM (8 against 16) and I'm able to run full Ozone on master, about 10 Ozone modules, 2-6 iZo Neutrons, 2-6 iZo Nectars plus some heavy delays combined on single tracks with no problems at all. With your 15% it can't be that. (Anybody knows if the RAM shortage can cause the issue?)

What you can do now, is to download the demo of Neutron (has similiar modules and options as Ozone, presets for rap vocals also, and is made to use on single tracks) and Nectar (dedicated for vocals). This will give you some clues: if they also don't work properly, it might be your system's fault. If they work fine, you know it has to do with Ozone only. And who knows, maybe you'll find them as a good enough replacement.

Also try the Ozone as VST2 and VST3. To me there's no difference, some says that vst3 works better.

You can also make a little video with your phone or screen capture and upload it to YT or something. Show your project running, show the tracks settings, master, open the Ozone while track is playing... There's a chance that some experienced user will notice what is being set wrong.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Forgive me, I was unaware I was attempting to assist a thief.
Last edited by Mark Bliss on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
GTech

Post by GTech »

UPDATE:

I've downloaded Izotope Neutron. Works like a beauty. Very similar to Ozone. But I guess everything good must come to an end. Satisfied with my song, I decide to export it as MP3, and the whole song is distorted. Vocals aren't even playing on the song (just the instrumental). I go back to my session on Mixcraft, and there is a high frequency noise, and the whole song is distorted. When I disarm Neutron as an effect, the high frequency noise goes away, and the song plays normally.

HELP :? :? :? :?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Forgive me, I was unaware I was attempting to assist a thief.
Last edited by Mark Bliss on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
GTech

Post by GTech »

Hi guys,

So Neutron has been treating me well for a while now. Until the same issue I had with Izoptooe Ozone reoccured with Neutron. I had visited previous recording sessions (which were FINE initially) and I noticed the vocals started cutting out just like when I applied Ozone.

Now what I noticed is the trial version of Neutron had ended. I thought I had downloaded the crack version but I may have set it up incorrectly. Is it POSSIBLE that the vocals cutting out is due to the limited use of Neutron of the demo version?
Last edited by GTech on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Stealing software is not cool!

Announcing that you may have committed a crime and are attempting to commit another is not only not cool, it's not very smart.

BUY YOUR SOFTWARE!

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yep, now I see the problem. :roll:
All previous replies corrected to address the issue.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
GTech

Post by GTech »

Mark Bliss wrote:Forgive me, I was unaware I was attempting to assist a thief.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I do appreciate all your help and everyone else who contributed to this thread.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

"Feel that way?"

You should be ashamed of yourself!

M
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

If the Ozone and Neutron are too expensive and you only need it for vocals, try this https://account.izotope.com/support/dow ... r-elements