Projects missing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Veets

Projects missing

Post by Veets »

Hi,

I renamed a file on a song in MixCraft 8 and when I went to Open Project, the only thing in there is Example Projects. All my existing projects are missing. I restarted the PC but still my projects are still missing. I know I messed something up, any thoughts on how to get them back? Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Projects missing

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Your projects should still be there unless somebody deleted them or you're having major hard drive problems.

By default, Mixcraft stores its projects inside a Mixcraft Projects folder that's inside your Documents folder. Is that where your's are? Have you looked? Or did you change the default project folder location in Recording preferences?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Veets

Post by Veets »

Hi Greg,

OK I found them thanks!! Is there a way to set the Documents folder as a favorite in Mixcraft?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Once you open the project from there, Mixcraft should remember that, and if you are inside a project folder, you can click the little "up one level" icon to get to Mixcraft Projects.

Greg
Veets

Post by Veets »

Hi,

It doesn't look like MixCraft is remembering it. I attached a screen shot of what I see when I open Project.

Thanks!
Attachments
Mixcraft 8 screen shot Project.jpg
Mixcraft 8 screen shot Project.jpg (230.04 KiB) Viewed 3985 times
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Even after you load a project from your Mixcraft Projects folder? It seems to be working for me.

Greg
Veets

Post by Veets »

Hi Greg,

Yes. I located the folder in My Documents and when I went out of Mixcraft and went back in, it won't bring up the projects.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

On my computer, the default location for those example projects is in a far away completely different place than "My documents/Mixcraft projects"
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Veets

Post by Veets »

The last thing I did was when I did see my recent projects pop up was I renamed a file name because somehow I had the wrong song title. Prior to that, when I went to File and then Open Project, I saw all my projects pop up. I am wondering if I messed something up by renaming a file?
Veets

Post by Veets »

Hello again,

I went to check the files in Explorer and see that the Mixcraft Projects folder isn't in there, screen shot attached. If I go to copy and paste that folder into MixCraft8, (the screen shot only shows Example Projects) do you think that will put them back?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you go into Mixcraft's Recording preferences, what do you have selected as your Default Project Folder?

Greg
Veets

Post by Veets »

Hi Greg,

I see in Recording it is Documents. When I went into Documents and found the projects, it came up this time. That is weird, it is finally working. I guess I need to go into Documents should the projects not come up. Thanks to everyone for your help!!!