MIxcraft and MPE

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kenrob2037

MIxcraft and MPE

Post by kenrob2037 »

Hi All,

While I'm only just starting to get my head around MPE, does anyone know is Mixcraft is looking at supporting the features of MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)?

Here's an article on MPE https://www.midi.org/articles-old/midi- ... ession-mpe

Cheers

rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
Acoustica Greg

Re: MIxcraft and MPE

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. You could probably use a plugin that supports MPE within Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
kenrob2037

Post by kenrob2037 »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for this. I imagine there's quite a bit of work to achieve that, but as I write all my orchestral music in Sibelius and then export to midi into Mixcraft, Sibelius needs to function with MPE too. Hopefully, Avid will be looking at this soon also.

Cheers

Rob
Dell XPS15 - 9560
Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 64 Bit
Intel i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 Ghz
32 Gig Ram
1 TB SSD
Mixcraft Pro 9
Presonus Studio 24C Audio Interface
Roland FA-08
Roland Pro A300
summixcraft

Post by summixcraft »

MPE is fantastic! I have had enormous amounts of fun playing an Artiphon, Roli Seaboard block, and Lightpad block. As a result, standard sample libraries have become extremely boring. I have an EastWest composer cloud subscription that I hardly use anymore - Roli Equator is much more fun.

In the future most, if not all, sample libraries will be MPE, and all DAWs will provide full support. Mixcraft will have to adapt if they want to stay relevant. Best practice would be to implement as soon as possible to gain market share. Bitwig and Garage band are already enjoying this.

With all this being said, my experience using Mixcraft with Roli Equator is fine, I have no problems recording midi data. Whereas Ableton Live requires a complicated work around.

What would be great, among other things, would be if Mixcraft created tools that simplified setting up and sending recognizable mpe data to sample libraries, such as EastWest Play. By getting ahead of the curve, Mixcraft could potentially bill itself as being the most complete and compatible DAW for MPE instruments. How cool would that be?

Acoustica Greg, please check out these articles, and if you haven't played a Roli, Artiphon, Linnstrument, etc...please do. :)

Bitwig:
https://www.bitwig.com/en/16/the_future_of_midi.html

"Developers: How to add MPE Capability"
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/implementing-mpe.html