unable TO OPEN PLAYBACK DEVICE X 100

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

I'm beginning to think MIXCRAFT is the cause of ALL my problems. I've gone through six
interfaces now, all high rated ---- with the EXACT same super annoying problem.

unable TO OPEN PLAYBACK DEVICE

unable TO OPEN PLAYBACK DEVICE
Acoustica Greg

Re: unable TO OPEN PLAYBACK DEVICE X 100

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which audio interface do you have?

Did you go to the web page for that interface to download and install the latest audio drivers?

Does it have an ASIO driver? Did you try ASIO? Does it work with WaveRT?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Hi Greg,

Yes, I have all the drivers for my many interfaces. That however doesn't seem to solve the
problems.

As I understand it, its not just the interface and drivers being the issue, its whether the
DAW is engineered to accept it, correct?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I get this if I change sound devices with Mixcraft open. Its best to avoid that.
Pairing/unpairing my bluetooth earbud/mic really confuses things sometimes.

Generally, my understanding is that the interface/driver is communicating with Windows. If that is set up and interpreted properly, the DAW follows suit. But changes with the DAW open can wreak havoc in some cases. (Other DAW's seem to do the same thing in my experience with that.)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Mixcraft is used by thousands of people on a broad spectrum of audio interfaces. It's highly unlikely that MC is the problem if you are getting the same error message with six different interfaces.

Can you provide your system specs (including your audio interface)?
rrichard63

Post by rrichard63 »

Do you have access to another DAW, notation program or media player that you can use to test your system? I doubt that this issue is specific to Mixcraft.

--Bob Richard
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

A customer contacted us about strange intermittent connection problems with his audio interface, and it turned out that his dog was walking across his USB cable and jiggling it.
guitbuddy

Post by guitbuddy »

Why does the user have to go on this expensive goose chase? Where is the list of
interfaces CERTIFIED to work with mixcraft 8?

When I first got STUDIO ONE daw, it did not work with my $ 400.00 zoom interface. That
was the first strike against it.

However, one of my new interfaces { not yet unboxed } is a PRESONUS, which I believe is
certified to work with it.

Where is the list of interfaces CERTIFIED to work with mixcraft 8?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There isn't a certified list, because pretty much any interface will work with Mixcraft, as long as it's working properly with Windows.

Edited to add:

The next time you notice a problem, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

I get this all the time, like a previous response stated it's a windows error not Mixcraft. Believe me I'm here at least once a month to rant about the state of pc software in general. I've never had a problem that Greg, or one of the others hasn't found the fix for. It helps me personally to take about 10 deep breaths before filing my report, to calm down lol. :D Hang in there, and I'd bet your on Windows ten, so you might see if it has recently updated as it also causes problems with the audio sometimes. I'd bet it's just hanging up and windows is busy. Sometimes worst case a restart of the program has helped me. I'm actually looking it up just to be proactive incase somethings improved. I understand the frustration but after taking Pro Tools 110 and 120 I'm sure swapping DAWs probably wont improve the situation. Mixcraft is actually one of the more user friendly at output routing, and possibly the best at automatic routing imho.
comedians

Post by comedians »

It sounds very much like a USB problem to me, assuming your interface is USB powered . Have you tried plugin to different usb ports ? or download the Windows usb troubleshooter - WinUSB.diagcab and see what that reports.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

And if you're using a USB hub, try bypassing that.