Windows Update Last night NOW POPS

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Lunar_Larry

Windows Update Last night NOW POPS

Post by Lunar_Larry »

so i been using mix craft on a new computer i just bought with enough specs to handle recording ..things have been great ..but last night after a windows update ... there is noise and popping in mix craft while recording... and now i cant use low latency without pops and it even lags my recording now what happend here ?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Windows Update Last night NOW POPS

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What mode are you using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences? WaveRT? ASIO?

What's your playback device?

What's your latency setting?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Also, if its a laptop, check your power use configuration settings.

Microsoft has a "knack" for reverting to default settings that don't benefit us DAW users after updates, reboots, crash recovery......
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Lunar_Larry

Post by Lunar_Larry »

[quote="Acoustica Greg"]Hi,

What mode are you using in Mixcraft's Sound Device preferences? WaveRT? ASIO?

What's your playback device?

What's your latency setting?

computer speaker
ive been using WAVERT with exclusive mode with 3.0 letency and its been rocking recording just untill today :( like i said i had a windows update last night and after that my settings dont work
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Set your latency at 5 ms and see how that goes. If you still get pops, try it a bit higher. Remember that each millisecond is only one one thousandth of one second.

Also, as Mark suggested, check your Windows power management setting and make sure you're not in power saving mode.

Greg
Lunar_Larry

Post by Lunar_Larry »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Set your latency at 5 ms and see how that goes. If you still get pops, try it a bit higher. Remember that each millisecond is only one one thousandth of one second.

Also, as Mark suggested, check your Windows power management setting and make sure you're not in power saving mode.

Greg
allrighty but like i said this is my favorite settings. they have been working like a charm for 3 months and after last nights update its all poppy while using mix craft. ive also changed the setting like you said raised the latency (which by the way is no good when recording vocals) but it still pops and it make the recording go way out of sync. and im using mix craft 7 btw... just bummed i had been working on 2 songs for about a month and was ready to record the vocals last night bu this problem just started after update.. i really enjoy using mixcraft because Its rocked the low latency and never gave me problems with my usb microphone but as of today i cant even use it... and i have checked my power mode
Lunar_Larry

Post by Lunar_Larry »

Guys im really bummed here... i had been working on a music project for 4 weeks and last night was gonna record the final vocals but pops latency and bad playback have stopped me dead in my tracks. honestly everything was fine until i updated windows last night.... is this going to last forever cause ive been trying everything but its not working
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Sometimes after a Windows update removing and reinstalling your interface drivers helps.

Otherwise try switching to another audio source if available and compare and then switch back.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
Lunar_Larry

Post by Lunar_Larry »

sjoens wrote:Sometimes after a Windows update removing and reinstalling your interface drivers helps.

Otherwise try switching to another audio source if available and compare and then switch back.

okay ive tried so many thing even rolling back to before the update... when playing music or recording in mixcraft it is all messed up.... recording is full of sync and latency issues and even when just playing back tracks it looses contact with speakers and squeaks pops crunches ..its all wacky now.... so when you say reinstall a driver which are you referring too... i noticed also in this update they added a feature to my valume control called spatial sound i dont know if that messed up my audio processing but i dont remember that ..but honestly im devastated whatever happend last night has made mixcraft unusable for me now ...AT FIRST i thought maybe uninstalling the reinstalling mix craft might help but instead i just downloaded the trial version
the new mixcraft and it does the same thing.

PLEASE give me any tips that may help ... even when i just play through my eternal monitors in my display its the same so i know its not my speakers or my microphone ,,its eternal lol i need help its like using my old computer again ...and tis beast was taring this program up and doing all that i threw at it with no hiccups untill last nights update
chibear

Post by chibear »

Did you by any chance save your project after things went wonky (been there, done that :roll:) ? If so maybe one of the backups might be working better.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Lunar_Larry

Post by Lunar_Larry »

OKAY new info here.... I just saw a video on you tube explaining Using exclusive mode gives you low latency which I've been using I've been using the lowest setting without any problems no crunchy know pops but then after the update there's crunching pops so my question is what could be chewing up my CPU now that my computer is updated and not allowing Me to record the way i was just last night
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'll reply to your support ticket.

Greg
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Hey Lunar_Larry.

Take a look at this thread (if you've not already done so):

http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=23032

Take a look particularly at the end or so (some of my posts).

Let us know how you get on for the sake of interest.

Regards,

Dale.
Topcheese

Post by Topcheese »

As they say it is the nature of the beast. You are going to have to directly monitor your vocals through your audio interface.
Windows 10 build 16299
AMD A8-6410 @ 2GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Sonar V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49
YMMV :roll: :arrow: https://www.reverbnation.com/dirtbom
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Topcheese wrote:As they say it is the nature of the beast. You are going to have to directly monitor your vocals through your audio interface.
HI,

That's the problem - no low-latency audio interface, just a Realtek audio chip.

Greg