Mixer channels

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mark Bliss

Re: Mixer channels

Post by Mark Bliss »

Dave, I would point out that many of the things suggested have been previously discussed, and already officially logged as future suggestions. That is why I was intentionally vague about a few of the details in my previous reply.

Also, I would add that it has been my experience and observation over an extended time with Mixcraft and Acoustica in general, that they are very interested in this kind of input and "listening".
But at the same time, they seem to very carefully consider the balance between the features and functions as they develop, and pay a lot of attention to the balance between those functions and features, and maintaining a level of ease of use and an intuitive interface.
I don't think that's a bad thing. And I encourage the expression of ideas for improvements, as well as features seen elsewhere that might be worth considering.
They are very unlikely to just throw a bunch of stuff into the code and say "good enough". The unfortunate result is that sometimes changes come a bit slower than we would like. But the product wouldn't likely have some of the strengths we enjoy otherwise.

I think a well explained suggestion and discussion has been part of many a major improvement with this product every step of the way.
And I hope that a more configurable mixer with some additional embedded mixing tools will in time be added to that list.
Good suggestion IMO.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Yellowcake

Post by Yellowcake »

Thanks for the reply Mark. As with any software there’s always some trade-off between functionality and aesthetics, but both are as important as each other. We all have different ways of working so the ability to customise software is important.

Then again, it’s impossible to please everyone! :wink:

Dave
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

I like the idea, too. I liken it to using a real mixing board. You can wire whatever track you want to any strip, and then you label the strip. I don't see that it would be confusing to folk. Basically, by default they show up in order, but it would be nice to allow the user to drag their strips in any order they like.

I suppose the question, how do you order the list to the left? Personally, I think I'd want it in the track order above, but, I think I'd have to use it for a bit with either ordering to get a feel for it.

Then there's the issue of the user has a bunch of tracks, then they reorder the strips. Then they turn some strips off, then they add a bunch of tracks/strips and reorder the strips some more. When you turn the strips that were off back on, where should they show up? There's a fun use-case, haha!