automatic sound driver selection

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ron-e-g

automatic sound driver selection

Post by ron-e-g »

Hello,
Use to be, I could open MC select an amp on a track..Guitar Rig, amplitude.. what ever. Select the record button, and select monitor then the signal would go to the program whereby I could monitor the sound through my headphones, or speakers as I recorded. As it is now the sound doesn't start to enter the programs until I manually start Line 8 TonePort UX2 . I have to first click on the Pod Farm2 icon for the stand alone line 6 to get it to register the sound in the DAW.
The only thing I've done different (that I can think of) is stop using the Fast Track C600 driver. That shouldn't effect this.
Can anyone help me get this back to how it was? Not sure where to start on this one!

Thanks,
Ron
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
Acoustica Greg

Re: automatic sound driver selection

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have the latest UX2 driver from the Line6 web page installed? Are you using ASIO?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Yes Greg latest..4.2.7.6 Yes, using ASIO.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could try a different USB port. If you're using a USB hub, try bypassing that and plugging directly into your computer instead.

Greg
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Yea I will, no don't use hub.

Thanks Greg.
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

No change. however when I choose another sound driver like core audio it works.
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Update;
I installed the ASIO4All driver. now at least I can use my software without too much latency. It's not right, or what I want but...seems the Line6 drivers are crap in windows 10. No one's admitting it, but that's what I can determine so far.

Maybe someone at line6 will step up to the plate, and address this issue..but I doubt it. :?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I used to own a Line 6 UX2 and can recall a time where there was a Windows update and it messed with mine and many others ability to have it work. It took about a week before they updated their drivers. Not saying this is it but it's almost exactly what I went through. Hopefully it's that or something simple.

M
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Yea, me too. Only I never had this problem, prior to two weeks ago, when I upgraded to Windows 10. Even the Line 6 monkey won't work right. I have never seen so much incompatibility, in so many products, in a OS that has been out, this amount of time! Really makes me even more thankful I made the smart decision, so many years back.. to make Acoustica MixCraft my DAW of choice! Man, I mean these guys have always been on the cutting edge. They have been quick to respond to help EVERY TIME through these years. Credit where credit is due I say. I will be a very satisfied customer/user for life!

Some of these other companies, would do well to study their philosophy, and actions in business.

Ron
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you do have the latest Windows 10 update installed by checking for Windows updates.

It's tough with older hardware. The manufacturers don't always update the audio drivers. I did have a problem with the UX2 drivers when Windows 10 first came out, and Line6 did release an updated driver that fixed the problem.

Greg
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

OK, good advise.
Thanks Greg.
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Greg...your a freakin genius! that checking the Windows updates worked. My updates showed I was current, but when I clicked to check for updates sure enough there were two. One crucial.
After re- start the driver works as should!
Thanks,
Ron
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You’re welcome. I suspected as much. Windows 10 seems to be working fine for us and for most people. Also, with these major updates, extra restarts are required just to get all the drivers in line.

Greg
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Was I dreaming this, or didn't I use to be able to have both Guitar Rig stand alone, and Mixcraft open sharing the same driver (Tone Port) at the same time before?
Can't this be done?
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

When I try the stand alone's all..EZ keys, drummer GR5 Amplitude4 stop working with the Line6 driver. System sounds is unaffected! One example is this Guitar rig shows no problem but no sound is going through
Guitar rig shows working but no sound.PNG
Guitar rig shows working but no sound.PNG (735.2 KiB) Viewed 4278 times
the UX2 that also has my headphones attached So obviously no sound. If I re-start or disconnect the usb cable, and connect it back it seem to re-set. But not until one, or the other is performed.