Some Plug-ins Blank in PS8.1B413-64bit

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

FlyingsCool

Some Plug-ins Blank in PS8.1B413-64bit

Post by FlyingsCool »

Windows 7 Pro latest updates
18 GB Memory 1600 MHz-DDR3, i7 950@3.8 GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
Mixcraft 8.1 Pro Studio 64 Build 413

When I edit some plugins, the window is white and no graphics are showing. Once, I could see the graphics for the plug-in, but, when I put my mouse over the window, it disappeared. Normally, they just open white.

Examples are:
Digitalfishphone Blockfish
Digitalfishphone Floorfish
Digitalfishphone Spitfish
Silverspike RubyTube
Lostin 70's devil_spring_x64

What's funny is if I choose a different preset for the effect from the top bar, and a button changes, the changed graphic shows up, but not the rest of the interface.

After I load devil spring, and try to edit it, if I choose another effect in the same spot after closing its window, Mixcraft crashes.

It's not super important, I'll probably just remove these because I've got plenty of nearly equivalent plug-ins and they are really old and basically unsupported. But I figured I'd report it.

Issue 2:

When I load Shuttleplug's Hula into an effect on a track, I get a huge bass "kick" through my monitors. It opens fine after that, but the huge "kick" on loading into an effect list is worrisome.

P.S. Should I have entered these in the bug tracker?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Some Plug-ins Blank in PS8.1B413-64bit

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I was able to duplicate the problem with BLOCKFISH and FLOORFISH in 64-bit Mixcraft. They work fine in 32-bit Mixcraft. Eric is going to see if he can duplicate it as well, and then we'll file a bug report.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi again,

We've filed a bug report. Thanks for reporting this!

A workaround would be to use 32-bit Mixcraft for now. Or, with 64-bit Mixcraft, you can still use the plugins by selecting presets, it just doesn't look very nice, and it would be hard to do custom settings. :-D

Greg
JohnS

Post by JohnS »

Hi
I noticed that Wusikstaton 8 and wusik Eve does pop up from loading,but some of the Gui is missing if it is not central to the tv screen monitor
When you click in the blank areas it builds itself slowly with each click of the mouse.
If you small up the gui and get the gui to fill the screen ( central) it all pops up ok.
What i mean is if part of the gui is not showing on screen and you drag it to a central position, ,the part of the gui that not showing onscreen is missing until small-ing the gui and restart so that the vst is central onscreen.
A little annoyance but work aroundable.

All the best
John

Ps Is It a Mixcraft thing or a Wusik thing??? I use 64 bit
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The issue you're talking about is a different issue than the original topic of this thread.

I think it's a video card thing. I get that with some plugins here in the office, and my computer's video support is getting kind of long in the tooth.

Greg