Major timing flaw while loop recording audio ???

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

D@n

Re: Major timing flaw while loop recording audio ???

Post by D@n »

Okay, I found the cause...

It doesn't happen in my small projects, only in my big templates.

Only when I load 194 instances of VSTi, when my RAM is loaded at 18GB (on 64GB, so nearly 33%) and the CPU and system gauges, in Mixcraft, indicate 12%~15% (when I press play), Mixcraft cuts the release trail of notes that are very close to the loop end marker. :(

Well, okay, I anticipate that some people will say that this is normal beacause the size of my project, but it's still not normal when I still have more than 40GB of free RAM left and that my CPU (8700K OC 4.8GHz all core - SSD M.2 NVMe) doesn't exceed 15% in total when I play the loop. With these values, there is no reason for Mixcraft to cut the release trail of notes.

I'm disappointed and now I understand why Mixcraft's CPU gauges show lower values than Sonar, Studio One and FL gauges for the same project. Unfortunately, Mixcraft's gauge values are not representative of its actual capabilities. This is disappointing, because I will obviously not be able to fully exploit my RAM and CPU with Mixcraft.

:(
I've eclectic tastes: Metal, Orchestral, Chillout, New Age and a bit of EDM

MC Pro Studio 8.1 B413 (64-bit)
W10 64-bit
i7 8700K 4.8 GHz
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i8
Yam HS7/ATH-m40fs/ATH-M50X/
Nektar Impact LX61+/YRG-1000
Rode NT1-A

Ibanez RGAIX6U
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Send us a project file that exhibits this problem and let us know which track or tracks have the issue.

Please submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the project.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
D@n

Post by D@n »

Hi Greg,

I'll do some more tests before to make sure the problem is constant. :wink:

Thx
I've eclectic tastes: Metal, Orchestral, Chillout, New Age and a bit of EDM

MC Pro Studio 8.1 B413 (64-bit)
W10 64-bit
i7 8700K 4.8 GHz
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i8
Yam HS7/ATH-m40fs/ATH-M50X/
Nektar Impact LX61+/YRG-1000
Rode NT1-A

Ibanez RGAIX6U
shayneoneill

Post by shayneoneill »

Is this a zero crossing thing? Ideally when cutting between loops you either want to cross fade, or make sure the loop is starting and ending at the zero position of the wave form (Right on the line) to avoid causing a DC pop. I gather most DAWs do this automatically, but if its not, its easy enough to zoom right into the individual sample level and just adjust the cut off to there. and we're talking fractions of a millisecond timing wise so it shouldnt interfere with the musicality of it all
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Is this a zero crossing thing? Ideally when cutting between loops you either want to cross fade, or make sure the loop is starting and ending at the zero position of the wave form (Right on the line) to avoid causing a DC pop.
Man I love it when I see this type of thing. You know how many people don't know about, nor care about, DC offset and about where to cut or why to crossfade??? Nice. (Not saying this IS the OP's problem: just saying is all).

(And YES: before anybody "starts" with me you CAN HEAR the pop!!! LOL!!!).

Regards,

Dale.
JaYBaDLoSs1989

Post by JaYBaDLoSs1989 »

im having this problem as well im using mixcraft 10 and using the loops that are free from acoustica mixcraft. when you strectch the loop out so it plays twice on the start of the second go around there is the timing flaw and also at the end of the loop you can hear the clip. ive tried fade ins and fade outs before posting this and its driving me crazy cause i got no clue what else to do.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're using loops that came in Mixcraft's library? Not audio files from some other source that are showing in Mixcraft's library? Can you give us an example of one of the sounds that doesn't loop properly for you? What's its name? Which sound kit is it from?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101