Trouble arming USB recordings

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

PRWC

Trouble arming USB recordings

Post by PRWC »

I currently use 2 USB ports for recording into Mixcraft. One from the USB output of my mixer and another for a Focusrite 2i2 with 2 mics going into it. This was fine for a while but now when I click record nothing happens at all, and in the case of the mixer the option to choose a recording channel doesn't even pop up anymore. My drivers are up to date and the USB ports are otherwise functional with other things. I'm using the most up to date version of Mixcraft 6 on Windows 10. Any ideas? Thank you. :)
JonInc

Re: Trouble arming USB recordings

Post by JonInc »

Things to try (Start with the first one, and if that doesn't fix it, move to the next):

- Do the devices show up under Device manager? If not, the drivers have gotten corrupted and need to be reinstalled (Disconnect them before installing software). Reboot the system.

- Move the two USB device cables to two different USB ports (If you're short on USB ports, you can just swap them).

- Uninstall the driver software for the two devices, disconnect both devices, re-install the driver software then reboot the system. Once the system is up, reconnect the devices.

- Reinstall Mixcraft.