Greg, Dan, or Eric

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

TheHound

Greg, Dan, or Eric

Post by TheHound »

I have had Mixcraft since 2014 so I am no rookie. Up until then when it comes to reliability I would give it a B+. It did some stupid crap such as "Mixcraft Not Responding" some glitchy playback for no reason, and tracking delays, but after a restart things were usually OK. Often too many automation points cause it to act like a temperamental drama queen. Now it is completely dysfunctional and needs a trip to the recycle bin if I can't get it fixed.

If I take my computer into the shop they will probably tell me what I already know... There is nothing wrong with my computer. I don't want to spend 100 bucks for that.

Every other program that uses sound works right but Mixcraft. Youtube, Games and Windows Media Player all work. I played hours or games, Youtube and Media Player. They all worked alone and simultaneously. More likely than not this is a Mixcraft issue and a very frustrating one especially when I have work to do. It has been doing this intermittently for months but now it is totally and completely unusable.

Windows and Toshiba trouble shoot diagnostics says my computer is fine. No driver issues and everything is up to date.

I tried different settings in preferences and that did not help.

I tried it with USB device in and out and it sound still cuts out after a few minutes. I have spent days trying to trouble shoot this problem. At first I thought is might be a sound device issue but it only happens when mixcraft is open. Sometimes I play computer chess to take a break when mixing and I only lose sound on other programs when Mixcraft is opened. When I close Mixcraft everything else works.

CPU use is between 8 and 12 percent and system use is between 10 and 14 percent. Task manager reports 0% CPU usage before I start Mixcraft and 24% physical memory usage.

At this point I am considering using another DAW and going through the BS of seeing what works. Lots of guerrilla marketing out there. I'd rather stick with Mixcraft because you guys have the decency to produce useful tutorials and Mixcraft is not geek centric.

What is the next step Acoustica? Fresh install?
JonInc

Re: Greg, Dan, or Eric

Post by JonInc »

I'm not Greg, Dan or Eric, but will try to help...

What is your O.S., Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10?
What is your audio interface/ sound card?
Version of Mixcraft? Latest build?

If on Windows 10, the most common cause for "overnight" problems nowadays are forced O.S. updates. (Windows updates ran without you knowing, and changed something that is now causing your issues).

Or, some unwanted application has installed itself on your system and is affecting Mixcraft.

Download and run the free latencymon utility. It will show you if your system is being "interrupted" and what processes (if any) are doing it.

Report back with your results.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Greg, Dan, or Eric

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I answered over here.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101