How to setup vocal rider automation?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

isuperduper

How to setup vocal rider automation?

Post by isuperduper »

Hello, I tried arming the automation lane while selecting write in vocal rider, but I have no luck with zero writing going on in my automation lane.

What seems to be the problem or does mixcraft not support Waves Vocal Rider write mode?

Thank you!
comedians

Re: How to setup vocal rider automation?

Post by comedians »

Hi

I can confirm Vocal Rider writes automation in Mixcraft, but you do need to arm the Rider Fader - not track volume.

Click on Track Volume | Scroll down to Vocal Rider | Select "Rider Fader" | Press Arm | Press Record.
vc-auto.jpg
vc-auto.jpg (175.13 KiB) Viewed 1816 times
isuperduper

Post by isuperduper »

comedians wrote:Hi

I can confirm Vocal Rider writes automation in Mixcraft, but you do need to arm the Rider Fader - not track volume.

Click on Track Volume | Scroll down to Vocal Rider | Select "Rider Fader" | Press Arm | Press Record.
vc-auto.jpg
Thank you so much! :D I’m a noob.... :shock:
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Theres several ways you can use it, depending on your goal.

First, adding to comedians tip, you would need to arm and record the automation.

But then you have an automation lane of the rider fader, and the only real use is to switch the plug in to "read mode" and have it follow the lane. Of course you could also manually edit the automation and have the plug in read that......

OR, you could copy and paste that recorded automation into a new automation lane for track level and remove the plug in.

Personally, I messed with this a bit and only occasionally use it any more, in certain situations. And when I do I find it often far easier to just get it set where I want and render the track with the plug in active, and then substitute the new track.

Adavanced tip. You can use the VST3 version with a side chain trigger to control the plug in. This can occasionally be useful. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page