Save Failed

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

George Tirebiter

Save Failed

Post by George Tirebiter »

I suddenly cannot edit or save ANY projects. The popup says : Mixcraft failed to save the project. - The file may be in use by another application or you may be out of space on your drive. (I'm not) Driving me crazy, any suggestions? Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Save Failed

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's probably some kind of Windows permission issue. Make sure you're saving to a location that Mixcraft has permission to access.

If you go into Mixcraft's Recording preferences, what do you have selected for the Default Project Folder setting?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
George Tirebiter

The Default Project folder is C:\users\my name\documents\mixcraft projects\
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That looks right. Try restarting your computer and then saving a project in Mixcraft. If the problem happens again, quit Mixcraft and send in your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
George Tirebiter

Well, none of the suggestions worked. It won't even let me do a -save as- to a different folder. What do you think I should next? Thanks,
George
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

George Tirebiter wrote:Well, none of the suggestions worked. It won't even let me do a -save as- to a different folder. What do you think I should next? Thanks,
George
Hi,

Reply to your support email and tech. support will continue to investigate.

Greg
margeritta

Post by margeritta »

I'm sure taht it is Windows permission issue like you said, good luck.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I've got this problem with Mixcraft 8 now!

When I try to save the project after the latest session (which I've spent most of the day on) it sticks at 10%, eventually telling me the same as the original poster, ie. "Mixcraft failed to save the project. The file may currently be in use by another application or you may be out of space on your drive. "

I'd already performed Chkdsk scans on all three of my drives last week with no notification of any issues, and I have 1.4TB of space available on the relevant 2TB drive. Was there a solution to this?

I don't know whether this may be relevant or not, but I tried switching to WaveRT in order to disengage Mixcraft from the ASIO driver, but that didn't assist in solving anything, although I couldn't get any sound from that setting, but could when switched to Wave.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Did you try right-clicking on Mixcraft's icon and selecting Run As Administrator?

Greg
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Hi Greg.

Sorry, I don't remember. In the end I just bit the bullet by going back a few saves and picking things up again from there. However, whenever I loaded any of the previous saves, some of the project's plugins failed to load, including the Acoustica ones. At this point I had the trial version of MC9 still installed and realised it was the 'Recording Studio' version, while I was still using 'MC8.1 Pro Studio'. Wondering if there was some interference going on I consequently uninstalled MC9, and after that MC 8.1 worked correctly. It seems odd to me that MC8.1 had been working normally for some time with the v9 trial still installed, but then suddenly did not.
robtech34

Post by robtech34 »

I had the same issues. I opened an existing demo song, deleted all the parts then saved "as" whatever name I used and it worked! If you run as Administrator the other file access problems disappear. I know this is only a band aid but at least I could continue to work.