Recording internal MIDI from an Arpeggiator

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

axis

Recording internal MIDI from an Arpeggiator

Post by axis »

It looks like it is not possible to record internal MIDI from an Arpeggiator VSTi in Mixcraft either. That's very sad. Because making a loop with a virtual MIDI cable doesn't work without delays and errors. Is there another way?
dpaterson

Re: Recording internal MIDI from an Arpeggiator

Post by dpaterson »

Hello.

Just so that you know: you're not being ignored!!! LOL!!!

I went to the trouble of downloading BlueARP to see what I could do with it (not my kind of music I assure you but always keen to try and test different stuff). I'm still playing around with it but thus far I've not been able to record the actual MIDI ouput onto a new track from the arpeggiator from within Mixcraft itself (using nothing else). I cannot say for SURE that it's not possible but I'm leaning toward saying it's not for the simple reason that I, some very long time ago, had a requirement to record the MIDI output of one track to the MIDI input of another track and it could not be done. For the sake of interest: do you know of other DAWs that can do this (for no other reason than just to see how they do it)???

Regards,

Dale.
CazaroTaro

Post by CazaroTaro »

You can try midiMonitor as suggested in my post on Tips and Tricks.

https://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewto ... 12&t=23429

Its a two step process, but I have not noted delays such as those present in loop back approaches.

Cazar
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

WOW!!!

Very nice.

Thanks Cazar.

Regards,

Dale.