Isolating Vocals

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jsplayya134

Isolating Vocals

Post by jsplayya134 »

Hi All,

I am a new user of Mixcraft 8. I have little experience, but like to remix music as a hobby. I assume this has been asked a bunch already, but what is the best way to isolate vocals in Mixcraft 8? For example, I would like to lay rap verses over my created beats without the original rap song's background music included.

Thanks!

Jimmy
Mark Bliss

Re: Isolating Vocals

Post by Mark Bliss »

Hello and welcome Jimmy!
I assume this has been asked a bunch already
Actully not really, as this is a twist. Usually people want to remove the vocals and use the music.

Either way, most methods for doing this kind of thing work pretty poorly IMO, and the modern software purported to "work better" shall we say- is pretty expensive, and I have no first hand experience with anything like that. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

:lol: Presumably that was phrased wrongly Mark and the vocals need to be removed (I could be wrong).
Hi Jimmy,
if you want to remove vocals download vocalzap by Acoustica (like Mixcraft) http://www.vocalzap.com/
If you want to remove the background and leave the vocals it gets more complicated (probably using phase cancellation to reverse the process using multiple copies to cancel out identical signal components) I'll try some things and get back to you.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, I may have misunderstood.
Even if so, results vary. Depends a lot on the nature of the original recording.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
DaddyV

Post by DaddyV »

Easy, get an interface. Plug in a microphone. Plug in a set of headphones or earbuds. Turn off your speakers and everything else in the room that makes noise. Create a track for the vocal and hit record. Your experience may vary? Have fun....there are no rules except don't clip the wave