Standalone console & I

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

JNS WRNHD

Standalone console & I

Post by JNS WRNHD »

Hi, all. The subject description is rather blurry, but let me try to explain my question the best i can. I am looking for a way to record with effects printed into the track as heard in monitors (i think PRINTED is the word). Today i am using a Apollo Twin USB interface and therefor i have UADs console installed. It is easy to manoeuvre and the possibility to lessen the CPUs impact on my computer is great. I can easily choose to either record the signal as i hear it or just monitor it and be left with a clean signal inside the daw. My problem with UAD is that their plug-ins are very expensive and i can´t use third-party plugs with their console. I got a couple of plug-ins with the interface purchase, but not nearly enought. So, i´ve been looking at Waves soundgrid solution and i don´t really understand the concept of servers and ethernet cables to lessen the cpu inside the daw. Otherwise i like the possibility to rent-to-own plug-ins. UAD does not offer this and have no such plans, i was told when asking them. I would also like to have the option of using plug-ins from several different companies. Am i making myself clear? What i need seem to be tips on plug-in consols that let me work out the signalprocessing i want for a certain track and then be able to record it into the daw as it sound when monitored. I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this matter. Thx. / jonas
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Standalone console & I

Post by Acoustica Eric »

You are making it too complicated, when it isn't.
Record your guitar to Mixcraft, then add effects with mixcraft onto the track. No printed is not the right terminology :-)
JNS WRNHD

Post by JNS WRNHD »

So, what is the right terminology? My native tongue is swedish and of course i will lack in terminology, but i´m learning all the time. One of the first things that got me interested in mx8 was the option of having my native tongue inside the daw. That´s great! :D
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Well, maybe not exactly correct, but "print" works well enough to know what you meant in my opinion. Lots of terms are thrown around and often misused, yet we figure out what the intended meaning is, or we communicate and clarify where needed.
I use "render"
But some may find that isn't quite right either. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page