GARRITAN PLUGIN

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

vicarito

GARRITAN PLUGIN

Post by vicarito »

I finally got the JazzBand3 fon GARRITAN. I like the sound quality of the instruments but I am having the following problem and I would really appreciate some help (step by step instructions would be appreciated) since I am not too good at the technical stuff. I suspect it has to do with midi channels and how to assign them(or maybe not)
I am using GARRITAN as a plugin.
I record tracks in layers and I recorded bass in one track which plays back without any issues.
Then I recorded a trombone but after playing the track once, the sound was not there any more and I had to close the program, open it again, and in the ARIA PLAYER load the instrument again and then it will play but only once, then it goes away again and I have to repeat the process every time.
What am I supposed to do so that I can record different instruments from JazzBand in different tracks so that they will play back normally and not disappear?
(I own EZDRUMMER2 and I can record different kits in different tracks and they all play back with no problems).
I would really appreciate some help on what to do.
Thank you very much.
vicarito
mick

Re: GARRITAN PLUGIN

Post by mick »

Sounds like you want to assign separate Garritan instruments (from the Aria player) to separate midi tracks then edit each track in the piano roll, or record each of the tracks real time one by one.
With the aria player having 16 slots (or instruments) you would need 16 Mixcraft midi tracks (or less by choice).
Using Miraslav Philharmonic or other multitimbral vst such as Aria it cannot be done.

You need to setup Mixcraft with 16 midi tracks (or whatever number you require) and assign the Aria to each one, so that will be "up to" 16 Aria players with each one supplying just the one (or more instrument). You'll need 16 monitors and another for the Mixcraft gui! (just joking!)

The other way is to use lanes but when I suggested lanes and midi don't work (because lanes do not record individually and therefore cannot be edited in the piano roll) I was met with some degree of denial. I truly believe Acoustica has not yet grasped the concept of recording and editing midi compositions and that is a shame because Mixcraft is otherwise a great program with some great instruments. I would be delighted if proven wrong about lanes and midi but would need some video examples and I don't think these will be coming anytime soon.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I am not familiar with Garritan/Arai's details, but perhaps these Sampletank/Miroslav tips will help.

Choose your instrument:
Choose inst.png
Choose inst.png (142.94 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Then use the configure button and select the output channels you desire to use, I used four in this example:
Configure output channels.png
Configure output channels.png (104.72 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Configure your instrument as desired. In this simple example I selected four voices on channels 1 through 4.
Note that I also changed the instrument outputs as shown in the circled area.
Configure instrument.png
Configure instrument.png (792.78 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
Next I set my recording preferences, and selected the desired midi channel for each voice, recording each into its own lane which can also be edited individually in the piano roll.
Record tracks.png
Record tracks.png (54.84 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
And with the outputs routed as previously shown, the child tracks allow you to add effects or automation to the individual voices in addition to what is available in the instrument itself.
Add effects or automation.png
Add effects or automation.png (110.82 KiB) Viewed 2252 times
I don't know why, but the forum software keeps altering the order of my images. :roll:
(The titles should explain as needed. Swap the third and fourth image.)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
vicarito

Post by vicarito »

Thank you very much for your replies.
I am sorry for the delay in answering but I was away for a few days.

I will try your suggestions...

thank you very much.

vicarito
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

No problem Vicarito, I do hope it is helpful. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page