Tempo drag?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kentb3050@gmail.com

Tempo drag?

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

Hi all,
I have an issue when loading files from one project to another. I can only describe it as the tempo drags. The recording was done at 80 bpm. When I load it into my laptop it's a mess slowing down and speeding up. Changing tempo does nothing for the issue and I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
Ian Craig

Re: Tempo drag?

Post by Ian Craig »

Hi,
I had this problem last year when trying to run the beatstep pro and the keystep sequencers from Mixcraft last year. I'm not sure what causes it but it could be some kind of static build up. I suggest copying the stuff to a fresh file if possible. You could also try turning it off and on again, holding the reset button for several seconds to clear the static.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Also Kent, double check that the "audio device" settings are the same in both incidences of Mixcraft. Especially sample rate.

I can tell you that every once in a while I get an odd result in a rendered file and re-do the mix-down without changing a thing, and its fine. Stuff happens. Usually I suspect something to do with a memory resource over run, but sometimes.... it may be just a glitch. Digital demons. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Hello.

I don't have the solution to the OPs issue but I did notice something strange the other day (and maybe just another place to look or something to think about):

I was mucking about with Auto Beatmatch the other day (didn't even know Mixcraft could do this until I saw a post of Greg's!!! LOL!!!). I enabled it and added a sound file. It matched the beats almost perfectly but in one or two places where it wasn't happy that it could find a beat it didn't have those little markers and the audio actually slowed down around there and then speeded up again when it found the next marker. Not something I could ever see myself using so didn't complain BUT maybe there's something in this i.e. Mixcraft definitely has the "ability" to speed up or slow down a track when it's unhappy about something. Not sure. Maybe there's a clue in this??? Not too sure about sample rates. In my experience: if it's a sample rate issue then the entire audio is speeded up or slowed down (and the quick fix, as noted in another post on this topics, is simply to go change the sample rate of the project, accept the change, and then go back and change it again to the original sample rate).

Regards,

Dale.
kentb3050@gmail.com

Post by kentb3050@gmail.com »

I've been so busy in school I couldn't get back before now. I'll look into this again just to clear things up. I agree the flags do tend to act that way at times, and I was using those in the beginning of that class.