Melodyne 4.2 Update

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Melodyne 4.2 Update

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you say you don't get a complete download, what do you get? Did you download the zip file? Can you right-click on the zip file and extract it?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Download failed.JPG
Download failed.JPG (22.98 KiB) Viewed 5237 times
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Update, That (download in process) seen in posted image . Worked today! Don't have a clue what was going on the other Day.

Ron

Thank you all.
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

The Internets can be mysterious.
dpaterson

Post by dpaterson »

Hello.

This is why you use this (Internet Download Manager): http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/!!! I promise you faithfully that of ALL the money I've spent on software in the last DECADE or two this was the best spent (aside from Mixcraft of course) (had to throw that in!!! LOL!!!).

Regards,

Dale.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

dpaterson wrote:Hello.

This is why you use this (Internet Download Manager): http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/!!! I promise you faithfully that of ALL the money I've spent on software in the last DECADE or two this was the best spent (aside from Mixcraft of course) (had to throw that in!!! LOL!!!).

Regards,

Dale.
Hey Dale,

I have to say that I haven't used a download manager in years and forget why I did in the past. I've been getting along fine with Firefox's built-in system. What are the main advantages? I may revisit the idea of using them.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Any problems with the update? I was waiting for the update to "be vetted", and then forgot all about this. Ready to upgrade if no one has any problems to report.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Lets just say.... there are some issues and I am still waiting!
I'd suggest letting this simmer a bit yet. :wink:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Two issues:

1. Blobs don't make a preview sound after you play the audio. In other words, if you move a blob up and down, you can't hear the notes with version 4.2. We've reported this to Celemony, and so have some customers.

2. Some people seem to be crashing with version 4.2. I can't duplicate the problem here, so we're still researching it. We've also reported this to Celemony. Contact them here: support (at) Celemony (dot) com

Greg
popbaby

Post by popbaby »

Melodyne has constantly crashed MC Pro 8 for me. The update is no exception. There is no rhyme or reason but suffice it to say it will nearly crash 100% of the time when merging tracks that have been edited in melodyne.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

popbaby wrote:Melodyne has constantly crashed MC Pro 8 for me. The update is no exception. There is no rhyme or reason but suffice it to say it will nearly crash 100% of the time when merging tracks that have been edited in melodyne.
Hi,

Not everyone is crashing. I can't get it to crash when I merge clips. We're sending .dmp files from some of the customers who are crashing to Celemony so they can look into this. You can report this problem to them directly at support (at) Celemony (dot) com.

Greg
Alotofnothing

Post by Alotofnothing »

Hello gang,

I was also having the same Melodyne crashing issue. I solved it by opening the Melodyne program alone and activating it. This is why it may only have been an issue for who had not previously activate the software. Once activated, restart MC8, and it can then be used within MC8.

I hope this helps get ya'll back to the music!

Cheers!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

OK, I got persuaded by an upgrade offer. Installing is of course going to update me to the new version. Fingers crossed....

Anyone have any installation tips beyond the above? Did you uninstall the previous instance for example? Or just run the installer......
I hate spending money only to end up "breaking" something that was working fine!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

I also see the offers and I'm ready to upgrade to Editor or Studio. Just wainting a couple of day to see if there is any reports here.
Hope this will work fine for you Mark and other people around.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're still working with Celemony to figure out some crashes with Melodyne Essentials v4.2. One crash happens if you don't have Melodyne properly activated on that computer, so that's something people can check. Melodyne will release an update at some point, and we're also going to have an update to Mixcraft that fixes a different buffer size-related crash.

Not everybody is running into crash issues with v4.2, but it sure seems like it to me, since I only hear from those having problems.

The next Melodyne update should also fix the sound previewing issue.

Greg