Transferring Presets

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jddrock

Transferring Presets

Post by jddrock »

Hi there,

Is there a way to transfer Mixcraft presets I create to open in another DAW? I am running MC8 Pro Studio on Windows 10.

Thanks!
Jeremy
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Transferring Presets

Post by Acoustica Eric »

In this folder
C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\MetaPresets7
Should be your presets
Move those to the same folder on the other computer.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This stores effect chain presets:

Virtual instrument preset folder:
%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\InstPresets

Your custom effect presets go here:
%appdata%\Roaming\Acoustica\Mixcraft\FX

This stores any samples needed for custom Omni Sampler presets:
C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\Samples

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
gosuperbrando

Post by gosuperbrando »

Deleting my "foul language" on the "most friendly and helpful forums around" evidenced by it being okay to say people are on something??? happy??
I've been using this product for years from machine to machine and the transfers are never smooth with this program. I'll just move on. I was trying to highlight an unresolved issue for years with this sampler. The proposed solution has not worked for me. Files are not stored where you suggest they are.

I'm just sharing with others as a warning to think about how this sampler stores samples and presets and the challenge I've had in moving files between devices.

I didn't think they we're in the cloud that you don't have, nor did I insinuate that I got rid of a device.

But yeah I'm out of here. great forum sorry to interrupt
Last edited by gosuperbrando on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Don't understand how you not moving your presets to the new machine has anything to do with MC. Did you not know you had to do this before you got rid of old machine? Again, not MC fault. When you get a new machine you're responsible for setting it up, and if you didn't research how to set up your machine, that's all on you.

M
comedians

Post by comedians »

I can only say I hope your creations are presented in a better manner than you treat one of thee most friendly and helpful forums around. People here don't need to hear an outpouring of foul language used for absolutely no reason. Perhaps you should take less of whatever you are on.

Do you expect the developers to call on you and move the presets. I agree with the previous post it is your responsibility to look after your own system and move the moveable presets from your old computer or a backup. Quite frankly if you disposed of the old PC and/or don't have a backup it is your own stupidity not any fault of MC in any way.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

gosuperbrando wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:54 pm Yeah this is fucked up. Made an account to leave this comment. you guys should seriously fix this issue. As someone who has purchased and used your product over many years, i just bought a new laptop and essentially your DAW is obsolete to me because I cannot move presets to a new device. years of work is obsolete due to your bad program. this is enough of a deterrent for anyone investigating this DAW. i wish i didn't shoot myself in the foot years ago. Figure this out or remove yourself from the industry before you fuck over more creators
Hi,

I take it you assumed that the presets would be stored in the cloud? If Mixcraft worked that way, you'd have to log into an online account each time you used Mixcraft.

If you have access to the old computer, you can copy the presets from these folders:

Virtual instrument preset folder:
%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\InstPresets

Effect presets folder:
%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\FX

Effect chain presets:

Omni Sampler custom presets:
%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\FX

Samples needed for custom Omni Sampler presets:
C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\Samples
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101