Set the MIDI Free !Anyone like to see ability to save individual Midi Clips?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jumbodude

Set the MIDI Free !Anyone like to see ability to save individual Midi Clips?

Post by jumbodude »

Just wondering if anyone else would like to see the ability to save individual midi clips in a project as individual midi clips ( ie the ability to export each separate midi clip and save them as individual midi files), where they are not just grouped together as a bundle with all the project files. This is a useful feature that I have seen in Ableton and wonder whether anyone would like to see it in Mixcraft. I certainly would because it could be useful to transfer ideas between different projects and still retain some flexibility to change or modify the clip at a later date to suit the new projects.

I would also like to see Mixcraft incorporate an Arpeggiator in the Midi fx section this is a very useful tool to use with Midi and Synths I really can't understand it's omission in versions so far to date. The changes made from 7 to 8 seemed quite minor apart from the inclusion of Melodyne. unless there is some major steps forward then I see not much reason to continu to upgrade. i think Mixcraft should concentrate on providing useful tools such as re-mapping devices for chord and scale building fx something that Ableton do seem to be very good at.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Set the MIDI Free !Anyone like to see ability to save individual Midi Clips?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What you can do right now is solo a track you want to save as a single MIDI clip, then choose "Save As MIDI File..." from the File menu.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jumbodude

Re: Set the MIDI Free !Anyone like to see ability to save individual Midi Clips?

Post by jumbodude »

Thanks - that's a workaround of sorts but needs extra work if you have more than one midi clip on a track. You then have the task of either closing off(muting all your midi clips on the track or setting up another track and copying & pasting that clip to new track. Also if project is big you will need to scrolling through and muting lots of tracks then un-muting again. Then if you have lots of clips you will need to start cropping down the clips. Yes it is a workaround but it slows down and over- complicates the workflow. I still believe my initial suggestion would be a better method! It would be nice if Acoustica made this into an update which was backwardly compatible to previous versions rather than a new vrs.

Just an after thought though this has also made me think that Mixcraft needs a Global Button for Mute and Un-Mute All Tracks which would be a quicker solution to achieve a similar goal. How about it?

Another thing i would like to see is the ability to add a Set to the Performance Panel in a less arbitrary way. At the moment if you add a set it tags it onto the end which is annoying if you want it more at the beginning or in middle and means you have the task of dragging it from back to front so to speak (very time consuming). It would be better if you could add in a set next to one you highlight thus again making the work rate faster and more streamlined. Less time wasted in non creative tasks which is important I believe.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can hold down the Ctrl key to automatically un-solo all other tracks, which makes it easier to isolate an individual track.

We're not adding features at this particular moment in time, but thanks for the suggestions!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jumbodude

Post by jumbodude »

Thanks Greg I didn't know that. Still think some of my suggestions would benefit the program as a whole though because it's not easy to learn all the shortcuts when they are not obvious. More ways or more familiar ways to achieve the same ends makes for a better user experience.