Correcting time issues with prerecorded material...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

Correcting time issues with prerecorded material...

Post by drumandstage »

What: I have audio tracks of prerecorded music and while there is a BPM posted on the internet for these songs, the songs fluctuate in tempo.

How: I need to know that most painless method of getting these songs in a constant tempo.

Why: I am playing around with drums, guitars, bass, etc., and am trying to record my own versions of these songs for the purpose of honing my playing and really digging into MC8 prior to working on new projects.

I have tried going through and using Warp Markers, but a situation I THINK I have is that when trying to use snap to grid, the beat eventually gets so far away from where it was in the first measure that it is landing in the wring place when warped.

I hope for a simple fix instead of what is appearing to be a painstaking and rather tedious marking of the beats.

PS=can MX8 help determine the tempo of audio files loaded into it?
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
dpaterson

Re: Correcting time issues with prerecorded material...

Post by dpaterson »

Hello.

First a question (for my own curiosity):

The songs fluctuate in tempo. Is that the way they were composed or is there some or the other problem with the audio tracks???

To answer one of your questions:

Mixcraft Pro Studio 8 will determine the tempo of audio files loaded into it IF "Auto Beatmatch" is selected from the "Mix" menu BEFORE you load the track into Mixcraft.

Regards,

Dale.
drumandstage

Re: Correcting time issues with prerecorded material...

Post by drumandstage »

dpaterson wrote:Hello.

First a question (for my own curiosity):

The songs fluctuate in tempo. Is that the way they were composed or is there some or the other problem with the audio tracks???...

Regards,

Dale.
The tracks were either live recordings or studio recordings where no click track was used.

And thanks for the tip!
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre