Intermittent Drum MIDI issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

Intermittent Drum MIDI issues

Post by drumandstage »

Gear:
Alesis DM10 MKII
MC8
EZdrummer 2
Multiple USB cables (one at the time)

Issue:
MIDI signal lost between Drum Module and DAW.

Description:
The drums work fine when played using default piano sounds in MC8, other than the hi hat not working at all (cymbals/pedal have no effect in the DAW.

When assigned to any of the drumsets in MC8, they all work, including hi hat, until they all stop working. Indicators on the module show that the module is reading all strikes. Unplug/replug USB cable at module or PC and data is again received in MC8 temporarily.

When assigned to EZdrummer 2 in MC8, the same condition exists.

Notes:
I have changed out USB cable to a new in the package one with the same characteristics exhibited in each.

I have tried to use EZdrummer 2 as a stand alone, but cannot get the module to communicate with the software, which I know is something I have missed om my end. Nevertheless, I am unable to determine if the issue would be replicated in another program.

HELP!!!
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent Drum MIDI issues

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Send us a support request so we can get a log file from you. Do so here http://support.acoustica.com