Mixcraft 4 WaveRT issue

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

smurray

Mixcraft 4 WaveRT issue

Post by smurray »

I'm having a bit of an issue I was hoping someone could help me with. I started using Mixcraft 4 a few weeks ago and have been using WaveRT to record my church's worship on Sundays. All of our sound runs through a mixing board, and I hooked my laptop up to the board through the main out. So everything comes to Mixcraft on one track premixed. Anyway, I noticed that when playing back the recordings that occasionally in the audio I notice a bit of a hiccup. The best way to describe it is that it sounds like either a super tiny bit of the audio is missing, or that the audio speeds up for a split second. It's barely noticeable, but it's definitely there. Would you say this is an issue of the buffer running out, and if so would doubling the WaveRT latency from 20ms to 40ms take care of it? Or do you think it's something completely different?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. Both myself and my church greatly appreciate it.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Yes, please consider raising your buffer size to 50ms or more, and make sure you have the latest build of Mixcraft, available at http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft.

Let us know how it goes!
smurray

Post by smurray »

I tried setting the latency to 60ms, and still had the occasional hiccup with the sound. I'm using a brand new laptop to do the recording so I can't think it's because of being underpowered. Should I just keep raising the latency each time until it goes away, or are there other things I can try?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Can you determine if the hiccup is in the recording or the playback? If it's in the recording, it will always appear at the same point. If it's in the playback, using a different method of playing the sound might get rid of the problem.

Otherwise, just make sure you're not running any other programs while you're recording. Try to make sure a virus scan doesn't start up, for example. You can also try a higher latency setting.

Greg
smurray

Post by smurray »

I checked, and the hiccup always occurs in the exact same spot.