Why isn't Mixcraft 7 automatically detecting tempo from my imported loops?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ikmb

Why isn't Mixcraft 7 automatically detecting tempo from my imported loops?

Post by Ikmb »

Actually it's my first time using this feature believe it or not and I'm having a hard time getting it to work...the samples in question are just average wav files of short recorded music which have no tempo bpm information stored in them, I just thought Mixcraft would still sync them with my other song projects that have different tempos but it's not doing that at all.

In fact whenever I import loops the section where the assigned tempo, bars, keys, instrument and styles is blank shown in the attached photo. I'd like for Mixcraft to detect and show me the tempo of each and every wav if that's possible.
Attachments
Tempo Missing (Blank).jpg
Tempo Missing (Blank).jpg (404.35 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Why isn't Mixcraft 7 automatically detecting tempo from my imported loops?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the tempo information is not stored in the loop, Mixcraft can't always determine it. In an extreme example, Mixcraft wouldn't be able to detect the tempo of a white noise loop, because there is no tempo. Assuming there is a detectable tempo, the loop also has to be long enough for Mixcraft to analyze it.

If you need help figuring out the tempo of a sound, you can add a track marker to the project, and try the tap tempo option:

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
musicuser99

Post by musicuser99 »

How does mixcraft detect the tempo ?. i use also magix music maker ogg loops. tempo is often 120 bpm, but mixcraft do strange bpm create and files do not fit 1 or 2 or 4 bar length the loops have with the tempo mixcraft create

If a loop have no tempo info, a DAW can calc the tempo better i think.

Assume that loops are mostly 1 or 2 or 4 bars long, and tempo is around 120 then depend on size of the wav file it can calc a tempo. and the tempo seem correct, when the time length of the file fit to this 1 or 2 or 4 bar align.

BTW: the magix ogg files contain a own extension tag so the bpm is add in the ogg.
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

If the tempo information is not stored in the loop, Mixcraft can't always determine it. In an extreme example, Mixcraft wouldn't be able to detect the tempo of a white noise loop, because there is no tempo. Assuming there is a detectable tempo, the loop also has to be long enough for Mixcraft to analyze it.

If you need help figuring out the tempo of a sound, you can add a track marker to the project, and try the tap tempo option:

Greg
I tried your suggestion which unfortunately didn't help me, it just changed the tempo of the loops to something else that still didn't sync up with the music projects I'm working on but instead after playing around with the sound settings tab at the bottom of Mixcraft 7 what did help was toggling the "Use Project Tempo" and "Time Stretch" tabs that does sync the loops with current songs that have different tempos.

I just wish Mixcraft was able to do that on it's own with what I was referring to in my original post using my imported loops because I love being able to play the default library sample loops live in my projects and listen to them sync with my songs at the same time automatically thanks to Mixcraft, it's a wonderful feature! Plus is a necessity when trying to place specific loops like vocals for example in a part of a song.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 8 brings back the option to have Auto Beatmatch turned on. Have you considered upgrading to Mixcraft 8?

Greg
musicuser99

Post by musicuser99 »

I read in manual about auto beatmatch

"Auto Beatmatch Checking this box will automatically autowarp imported audio content over 30
seconds in length"

So it work only over 30 sec loops. but mostly loops have only length of 1-4 sec
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

musicuser99 wrote:I read in manual about auto beatmatch

"Auto Beatmatch Checking this box will automatically autowarp imported audio content over 30
seconds in length"

So it work only over 30 sec loops. but mostly loops have only length of 1-4 sec
If the loop is "acidized" (contains tempo information), Mixcraft will detect that.
Ikmb

Post by Ikmb »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Mixcraft 8 brings back the option to have Auto Beatmatch turned on. Have you considered upgrading to Mixcraft 8?

Greg
Oh that's something new I hadn't known about before! Thanks for letting me know Greg, sucks my computer can't handle Mixcraft 8 though lol I'll stick with 7 for now until I get a better PC. :P
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 8 might run more smoothly on your computer than Mixcraft 7. If it's not, make sure you're using the same sound device preference settings.

We're having a great upgrade sale right now: Mixcraft Upgrade Check

Greg